Review by goppers

"Mario Kart does it again"

Once again, Mario Kart has made a huge improvement in everything. Mario Kart Wii is, in my opinion, the best Mario Kart so far, and one of the best Wii games made. Looking at other reviews, I see that some people don't agree with that. Anyway, my favorite part is how there are now 12 racers. But, if there's one thing I dislike, it's the way you spin out when you're hit by a shell or fake object.

Story: ? / 10

There really is no apparent story to any Mario Kart game. In its best words, the closest idea to a story would be, "Mario has challenged his friends (and enemies) to a racing game. Who will come out on top?" I guess, considering the factors, I can't rate the story.

Races: 9 / 10

The races themselves are very good. I especially like DK Summit, Maple Treeway, and Rainbow Road. Why? Because they all have cool giant cannons. That really appeals to me for some reason. Anyway, my only dislike might not be able to be understood. It's lacking something, like more items, or more CC options, but I can't really point ot out. Other than that, the races are excellent.

Amusement: 7 / 10

Mario Kart Wii is fun, in its own way. like hitting people and COM's with items, because people get mad and COM's can't do anything about it. I just don't like the way that shells flip you into the air like blue spiny shells. It takes too long to get back to regular speed. Speaking of blue spiny shells, I don't like them much, either. There should be a limit to how many there are in a race, like thunderbolts are usually only one per race. Other than those problems, Mario Kart Wii is very fun.

Graphics: 9 / 10

The graphics are always critical. In my opinion, these are the best graphics I've seen. I only have one problem with them. On Maple Treeway, during the cannon shot, everything goes blurry. They could have at least made that more effective. But, all the rest of the graphics, especially the fireballs the giant Bowser shoots on Bowser's Castle, are excellently drawn.

Overall Rating: 8 / 10

Overall, I really enjoy Mario Kart Wii. The only problems I have with the game are listed above. Everything else is great, especially the graphics. (They're awesome!) So, considering everything, my overall score for Mario Kart Wii is an eight out of ten.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/26/09

Game Release: Mario Kart Wii (US, 04/27/08)