Review by metalmouth95

"Sadness For Mario Kart Fans"

I just want to say that I love the Mario Kart series. I have every one except Mario Kart Double Dash. I love every one and thought they were perfect. So, of course I was thrilled to hear there was a new one in the works, and with bikes! I ordered the game, got it, loaded it up, and was disappointed right away.

First of all, these tracks are remakes of old tracks. How many times has Luigi Circuit or any other character's names been used on circuits! The Bowser Castle course was always good. But on Wii it was nothing special. For a second I thought I was playing a remake of all the kart games together. There was a new desert course, and the circuits, and of course the Bowser Castle.

Another flaw is how fast items hit you and how many times they hit you. I get hit by a blue shell, and then hit by lighting and then hit by a red shell and then get knocked off the course and find myself in twelfth. This pisses me off to no extent. This happens to me about 3 times a game. I'll be cruising along and keep getting hit. Of course I'll do horrible if this happens.

The new items suck. The blue cloud that shocks you if you don't pass it on is a horrible idea. The other one is the POW block. I'll get hit by that about 5 times a game. There is no way to stop this either. I would have liked no new items than these two.

I have another complaint about the karts. In Mario Kart DS you had different karts for each racer. In this one, you use many different variations of the same kart on completely different racers.

I do like MK Wii a little bit. It does have graphics like no other, and I like the way they fixed up the old courses. I do love all of the new characters and unlockables. But overall, it was just too disappointing. After coming off the best in the series (Mario Kart DS) you'd think Wii would be even better (if that's possible) I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Usually these are my favorite games and my favorite party games. I love playing with my friends, but now I don't even feel like doing that. This game was one of the biggest disappointments to fans everywhere.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 03/30/09

Game Release: Mario Kart Wii (US, 04/27/08)