Question from milfred5000

Where can I find (philosopher's stone)?

I need a philosopher's stone where can i find one? does it drop off of someone?

From: bmaster154 6 years ago

I have the easiest way ever, it's easy. First, change your formation for Marta to be your main character. Then, your partners should mostly be monsters that have the skill item finder 1, 2 or 3. Now, change your strategy to hold position for all your dudes except Marta. Go to the Ligtning Temple and at the point where there is a puzzle with yellow blocks, keep sending lightning energy up (it doesn't matter where). You should get monsters, and if you're lucky (2 chances on 5) you will get the giant Chimera with a weird name. He/she is only level 3, so there's no danger of dying. Assuming you're the only one who attacks, flee from the chimera until it finally uses his arte named "Grr". When it does, keep attacking with Roaring Phoenix since his arte makes you all so weak, you deal only 1 damage. Here's the fun part: If you use roaring phoenix usually, you kill the chimera after 5-7 shots.
But since you deal 4 damage per time (4 hits of 1 damage) you can hit him about 15 times before your attack returns to normal. Look carefully to make sure that after using your stealing arte (yes, that's the point) before killing him, it said "you got philosopher's stone!". Happy now? You'll be even more happy since you can re-fight it as much as you want! I got 17 stones in an hour!

All of them are listed here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=942210&topic=46677588

I know one way that I think isn't only the message board listed above.

The 2nd battle in the gold rank coliseum match has an enemy (H word) which drops a Philosopher's Stone. It is much easier to get if you have monsters with the skill item finder. (Message: Hawkeye - item finder 2)

philosopher's stone is obtained by:
-cape fortress blue knight puzzle (check faq to get the anwser to the puzzle)
-katz quest very rarely found on A rank quest and S rarely found
-glasheim stolen from these bosses
Antesterion - 4%
Elaphebolion - 6%
Pyanopsion - 13%
Hekatombaion - 7%
Boedoromion - 13%
Poseideon - 22%
Maimakterion - 15%
Mounychion - 5%
Metageitnion - 18%
Album Atrum B - 47%
-colosieum second battle of party and single battle. %4 drop rate. special rank
-5% steal rate from the Talgerion boss in the Balacruf Mausoleum
-5% steal rate from the Gamelion boss in Camberto Caves
-8% steal rate from the Skirophorion Boss in Hima(where the dragon's nest was)
-77% steal rate from Album Artorum boss in Twilight Palace
-50% chance of stealing it from spoilers ricther ginnugagap mode

i hope this helps