Review by Mashnuts

"Link's Crossbow Training uses the Wii remote's full potential!"

First of all, let me say one thing: It is not like the adventure Zelda games, so if you're looking for something like that, definitely don't get this.

However, ignore that last piece of the sentence and do get this game. It surpasses my expectations by far. In fact, the only reason I was going to buy this game was to get the Zapper. All that changed the moment I started playing it. I became addicted, and I played all day. Unfortunately, power went out from heavy snows, so I stopped playing. >_>

I will be rating the game by categories. I hope my review helps you. :D

Certainly not award-winning, but it has that beautiful hint of a dark atmosphere from Twilight Princess. It is highly detailed, and some characters can be quite interesting (kudos if you know to which odd character I'm referring to).

Controls:9/10

It basically relies on pointing the Wii remote to aim, as anyone would expect. However, there was one flaw with the controls, and that was the Wii Zapper. It can get uncomfortable after a while, and the button to shoot is on the front, not the back as most people are used to.

Here's the big cheese! Now, I am going to be using lots of details in this one, so go grab some munchies before I start. I don't want you leaving during my explanation. Anyway, there are 4 basic gameplay styles: Target practice, defender, ranger, and battle. Target practice is pretty simple: shoot every target and gain as much points as possible. Defender is the one I hate the most (due to the fact that I have a horrible time with it >_>), and it is basically like the target test. The only difference is you are shooting mobile enemies, and you always remain in the center of the map, which means you can turn in a 360 degrees spin to find your enemies. Ranger is my favorite one (and probably everyone else's too). It is like a mini adventure if compared to other Zelda games. Although you still have to aim and look around, you can actually move in this one. In a way, it's a combination of Target practice and defender, but you can actually move around in this one. Battle is just that: a battle. You are in a small map, and you have to fight one (hard) enemy. However, this type of gameplay doesn't appear as often as the others, so nothing to worry about. As you can see, there are only 4 playing modes, but trust me: it can become quite addicting. It's kinda like Guitar Hero; it is the same thing over and over, but you still want to play it.

Unlockables: 8/10

Well, the only unlockables there are in this game are the other levels, as you only start with 3.

Replay value: 10/10

As I said, it's like Guitar Hero: you know it's the same thing over and over, but you still love it. I believe this game can last anyone for years. :D

Totals score was 9.4, rounds to 9.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/14/07

Game Release: Link's Crossbow Training (w/Zapper) (US, 11/19/07)