Question from shinie_a

How can i get the long sword?

Offline and online n this is my first time playing monster hunter so be specific

From: slimeyhunter 4 years ago

After you kill the Gobul (3 star urgent) wait for the argosy captain to come and then talk to the wyverian smith, he learns about long swords.
Materials for anata bone sword : 3 Gobul spikes
10 baggi hides
10 Machalite
Baggis are really annoying sometimes IMO

in previous monster hunters there wasn't a difference between the weapons you can use online or offline. That being said as long as you have the materials to make (any) desired weapon you can make it. The long sword is my favorite weapon of choice but a monster hunter player I offer a word of advice ... learn to play with many different types of weapons depending on the monster and your play style.

One more thing to add... online mode is usually harder than offline, but often offers more rewarding material

You should start seeing the Long sword after you complete the 3*** Urgent mission in offline mode. There are rumors that you can craft it in online mode as early as the start of 3*** missions, but I was never able to.

4 Star quests

I got the longsword simply by getting a Gobul spike off of the 2 star online Gobul.

--Additional information--

To get long swords if you play online more than offline, you can go online and buy the cheapest and easiest long sword to make (you will have to have beaten Gobul online to have the parts to make it). This will unlock them offline. Just keep in mind, there probably wont be many available to you since you wont have many long sword creation parts yet.

There is only one correct answer to this question and the wrong answer has been accepted on this topic where someone else has asked on Gamefaqs.

Slimeyhunter has it right everyone else is wrong. You MUST complete the 3*** Urgent Mission first and then you MUST wait for the Captain of the Argosy to arrive. Anyone giving answer other than this are quite frankly either talking utter nonsense or have been misled.

Hope this helps