Question from ERMAC___

Does the pig do anything this time?

Does it actually give you luck boost, or is it just a rumor?

From: kbiasillo 4 years ago

Jesus christ, I cant believe you just told him that. This was a rumor started by some other idiot on the previous MH games in the series. It was shown to be just a hoax and no reason to believe its not still a hoax.

Yes getting max hearts from piggy either gets you more rewards or a better chance at obtaining rarer parts in rewards screen

I have been playing monster hunter since 2004 on PS2 and at first I thought the same thing. But as I spent 796 hours I noticed by getting max pig love I obtained either double rewards or same amounts but with much rarer parts. And as I played MHF 372 hours, MHF2 298 hours, and MHFU 634 hours, the same thing happend more noticably in both hunts and farming. So its not a hoax master the pig love and you will get harder to obtain parts faster and have access to those nice armors quicker.

A simple way to test this theory is to hunt a Great Jaggi 3 times and take note of the reward, then snuggle with the T-bone (what i called my pig =D ) and get max love. hunt him 3 times again and compare teh result rewards...

you will find this interesting kbiasillo...

The pig does NOT do anything, it is just your pet like every other monster hunter game, the amount of rewards you get aftter slaying a monster is always random and the only thing that will MAYBE make you get more Rewards is the Fate Armor Skill and the Traquilzr Armor skill (this one may only sometimes help if you capture the Monster). people who believe in the piggy are just dumb****s.

Another thing to boost reward except FATE skills is Lucky Cat from dining

Lucky Cat is really good, i think i get more than 2 times reward when finish the quest

The answer Really is no one knows, We know that it's fun to have your pig follow you around town but other than that it was a rumor started back in the playstation 2 monster hunter by someone who petted his pig and then got several rare drops off of a high ranking Rathalos.

I respond it seems, We have a problem, Rumors V.S. Brains.
Let settle This, We agree that rewards are random.
We Agree the you can pet the pig.
How about this. Pet the Pork Chop then Do a Quest Like, Jaggi slaying for 5 times. Count Each reward and Make a Chart.
Then Do the Same with Pork Chop been given Love.
Won't it be a blast if we just ask capcom. I think there was a comment on that.
"Have a Pig walk with you around town", Maybe a Glitch Maybe Not. What do we care. Hunters Don't rely on Luck.

Ifound that every time i pet the pig and go kill the Ceadeus i get consistently better rewards than if I dont.
Im pretty sure it has a luck booster then.
They wouldnt waste the time and space creating it if it didn't do anything.

yes they would it s just a little mini game that people can play. now im not claiming that the rumors are true or not but dont claim that they are just because u think they wouldnt waste their time making it. Thats like saying "Why would they put scenery in the game? Its just a waste of time and it doesnt do anything." or something like that.

The pig does NOT do anything, Period. If anyone says other wise, **** 'em.

I think it's just a placebo when people claim they get better items after giving love to their piggies (euw?). Even if the pig did raise rare drop percentages or quest payout, skills from the felyne dinner will do the same, much more effectively, and that is a sure thing. The pig is cute, but that's about all it's good for.

The pig doesn't do anything in this game except look cute.

The rewards are random, so getting the drops that you wanted when you pet the pig is just luck.... As much luck you would have if you didn't.

Let me put it this way, before heading in a quest, just for luck, I run in circles 20 times. At the rewards screen, I see a rathalos plate. So... did my running in circles afect my chances? NO. But since I just say it did, your weak mind accept it.

That's what happened with the pig story.

The end.

I'm not positive but the pig adds 5% to rare drops for the reward

I always thought the pig was to help get the timing down for the BBQ spit... Just saying

I also thought the pig was just to help get the timing down for the spit, so that you dont have to continually farm raw meats until you get it down and use more time...