Question from Hirokanato

Easy way to get Plate materials?

I was wondering, since I've apparently have had this problem since FU, is there a specific way to get Plate materials from bosses? ie. Rathian Plate? Or am i just that unlucky with 34 kills and no plate drop >.<

Okamiaku answered:

If you can wait High rank farming is better due to the fact your gathering better materials, you can get jewels and plate drop rates are double the drop %.

Best way really though to farm them is do the double monster missions like the rathian+rathalos missions etc.
Other option is to do arena and get ranger armor for the extra carve and do tail runs as explained abouve. Two Carves off a tail and see if you get lucky.
2 0

Answers

dbillingsley815 answered:

Plate drop is sitting at 3% carve rate from tail, 2% reward rate and a whooping 1% shiny drop rate. SO I think your luck could be pretty good just the plates are extremely rare drops and capturing doesn't seem to get you any better chances.
1 0

Iceonfire219 answered:

Yeah, you just have to get lucky. I know in MH1 people would do plate runs. That's when you go out, cut off the tail of the rathian, or whatever boss you need, and carve it. If it is a plate, then either die three times so you fail the quest, but get to keep the items, or beat the quest. If it there is no plate, then abandon the quest and start over again.
1 2

Mach_N answered:

I highly suggest the Rathian + Rathalos quest. Your chances will still be low, but you've got a better chance of getting one than you would normally have. I've gotten two Rathian plates from doing that quest once, so if you have it be sure to do it.
1 0

Auzzie_Wingman answered:

Your chances of getting some Large monster materials can be quite low. To heighten the chance, try:
- Wounding whatever it is as much as possible.
- Try capturing them instead of killing them.
- Hope you can get (Super) Lucky Cat from the canteen. It boosts your chances.
- Not sure but I think the Fate Skill increase your chances, but I think the armour with it is High Rank.
1 0

Bladesrus answered:

Auzzie brings up an idea. If u can manage to capture a Rathian with full Bagii armor (provides capture pro skill), it practically doubles your rewards. Mix that in with a lucky cat or ultra lucky cat and that could be the most possible way to get plates w/o online play.
1 0

Bladesrus answered:

sry but i also needed to add that Cha-Cha's gatherer skill also helps sometimes in this situation
1 0

How Can I Get A Rathalos Plate? Answered Seanvang02
Rathian Plate? Answered mcbeasty
How do I get lagiacrus plate? Answered michaelmohr23
Lagiacrus Plate? Answered Hamman202
Where can I find (Rathalos Plate )? Answered PrototypeXY