Question from F4int

What is the best longsword?

I just started playing monster hunter and I really dont know much about the weapons. I wanted to use a longsword so what I really wanted to know is what is the best longsword available in the game.

Xellander answered:

There are quite a few different "best" lonswords in game. Honestly the best longsword will differentiate between individual people. Because there are different monsters and different monster weaknesses the best longsword to kill a Lagiacrus may be the worst choice to kill the Rathalos. The longsword with the highest sharpness may not have the highest raw dmg, and vice versa. It comes down to personal opinion.
2 0

Answers

DragoValhar answered:

There isn't a "Best Weapon" in the game, especially not for weapon types that are used more so for their elemental properties. Longswords would be one of those, make a variety of them and choose the element the current monster your facing is weakest to. In tri there is only one basically straight raw longsword which is Deviljho's "Reaver". So good luck getting the materials cause that and maybe the paralyze longsword are the only two that should be used universally and even then you'd do more damage overall with a good elemental LS of the monster's weakness.
0 1

StockOptions answered:

Play Style is huge.

E.G.
Gobul Tree LS, which is the first one, could be your "best". It's a Paralysis type which means if you avoid hitting a Red Gauge and stick with Yellow, you could just keep spirit combo-ing with higher dps to chance a better Paralyze chance, up to Red and wail on him while he's paralyzed.
0 1

vyseskies answered:

Dark claw ''Demise''
1 0

sygnify answered:

Reaver Calamity (Jho) is possibly the best. Although with the Sharpness+1 skill, Dark Claw Demise is easily the best (Alatreon). You must be HR51 before you can even try to craft either of them.
1 0

Erol14 answered:

There isnt a 'Best weapon' or a right or a wrong.
For me it comes down to what monster you're facing, take the Royal Ludroth for example, hes element is Water, and inflicts Waterblight. So if you take a Fire Blade or Thunder weapon (both very effective) say.....Wyrern Blade *Fire* or Thunderclap (Or any other Fire or Thunder inflicting Longsword), those swords would then be the most effective agaisnt a monster as the Royal Ludroth.
Some monster may have no elemental attack, thus creating no elemental attack on them right? WRONG . Take the great jaggi, he isnt like Rathalos or Rathian, But he is weakest to Fire even though he has no elemental attack.
In the end for me, it either comes down to what elemental attack the monster has and what his weaknesses are or Dark Claw Demise (Alatreon + 1 Sharpness skill)
0 0

Best Longsword Set? Answered Red_Valkyria
Which longsword should i get? Answered unknown129
How do I get longsword? Answered Megapaco
When can i have a longsword ? Answered game_eater99
Wen do u get longsword? Answered vigegogames