Question from nilfheim123

How do i get past barroth?

I have a hammer and i do what this guy told me to do but i can't do it.Also its an event quest so i cant have help.

Answers

Orphen080 answered:

The way I did it was with a spiral lance. Since the Barroth is weak to water when he is covered in mud the lance provided extera water element. from the just block his chaarges swing around stab a few times and repeat. And if your really good with your lance you can even poke his tail off getting you a subquest.
0 0

dunn_dolo_4life answered:

Well barroth is really a pain, and I dont use a hammer so I cant tell you specifically how to use it, but from my experience hunting barroth I usually try to stay around the back and the side to get in hits. The main thing to watch out for is his double tail swing. (very frustrating) Use flash bombs on him alot to get a couple of free hits. Definetly break his head to get your extra carve and to make him look funny :P

I guess shock traps and pitfall traps would be a great help, so I usually bring 1 shock, 1 pitfall, 2 Nets and 2 Trap tools, because pitfall traps seem to hold monsters longer and that means more free hits.

I have played with a couple of hammer users and I notice they tend to stay on the side of barroth near his head to stun him and to break his head. I dont know if you use that tactic as well but it seems to work with the other hunters. Barroth is also weak to fire if that helps. I dont know if my advice is of any help but good luck to you anyway.

Dunny - HR39 - Ravager Blade+ - Almost Full Rathian+ Armor Set
1 0

dunn_dolo_4life answered:

One more thing....If its an EVENT QUEST, that means its Online and you can actually get help with a full 4 man party. However if its your Urgent offline, then Im afraid your on your own buddy. Good luck
0 1

Auzzie_Wingman answered:

Okay, first let's discuss the method of attack.
You can slice a lot at the tail. If you want to pure hammer (which I highly not suggest), you won't be able to. You should however, be able to knock the front of its forehead off. Either way (that is hammer-> scalp, everything else-> tail), the next thing to focus on is the claws. Knock the mud off, and you should be able to knock a small bit of 'armour' off the claws, indicating you smashed them. Finally, just smash the mud off the legs and keep attacking the legs.

Again, the legs are a great place to attack, if you can get there, especially on its left side. The tail should be too high for a tail swing to get you, and every other attack won't go near you. And by legs, I mean on the side, not in between them. Just if you aren't using a GS or Lance, make sure to get out of the way when it charges.

Most boss strategies are trial and error. Remember that. If you find that your method is getting a lot of hits to the boss and you aren't getting hit yourself, then that's probably what you should stick to.
2 1

Cidlicious answered:

Wingman basically has it, if you are using a hammer make sure to watch for his charges, they are a beast at lower armor levels. usually you want to golf swing him till he falls over, then charge hit his head. if you manage to get the mud off of his skull, i highly recommend you use a charge sing when he smashes his face into the ground, those to things will break his forehead quickly.
0 1

deathloser answered:

I used a ludroth splashhammer and full rhenoplos armor. Works like a charm :D. And the rhenoplos armor is good for farming previous bosses.
0 1

chriscarter8 answered:

I like to use hammers to, i lve the new controlls on the wii, i hve never been able to kill anythin with a hammer before. I use a bone blugedoen and hit him in the legs so he will fall down. I also use the ground smash and roll techinec. I also use rhenpholeos armour (but now i have barroth armour(: ). You will find him in area 3 after he runs he will be in area 2 i think, but after that he will retreat back to area 3 and try to fall asleep. Thats when you bring the pain. lol!!!!
0 0

AzureKnight76 answered:

I suggest to use the spiral lance and give cha-cha fire element and a armor that is resitant to fire. But barroth has a lot of move that can make you lose a lot of health so avoid the head ram and the move were he has mud coming out his body or you will die in no time. also block a lot and bring some shock traps/pitfalls but you may not have a chance to set it up. Also attack underneath sometimes cause you cant get hurt much while their
0 0

AzureKnight76 answered:

0 0

Megalink9090 answered:

I'd used the Ludroth SplashHammer with Ludroth blademaster set.If you keep using the charge hit(standing still)you can remove his armor pretty quick also waterblind makes him slow.And if you get hit by charge(your armor sparkaling)you wont take too much damageXD.Take traps to attack him and aim for the head,and if he doesn't have mud you can break his ridge(forehead):D.This is my first answer I hope I did a good job.
1 0

teh_pwner12345 answered:

the way you beat him (hammer)
Plume flint
Rhenoplos chest boots and helm fully upgrade
jaggi faulds and gloves fully upgraded
ancient potion
10 megas
10 potions
quick hands
0 0

brawlfan94 answered:

Also stick to his left side so that his ail wont get you after a charge.
0 0

barroth HP? Answered cloakpurge1234
Sns or SA on barroth? Open ryutouchdown
Barroth preparation? Answered Dancelord
How do I beat (Barroth)? Answered Y2JFan95
Barroth offline!!? Answered 2sscc