Question from Gone2Far

Whats the best way to get Monster Broths?

After 5 runs from poached wyvern eggs, I got the ancient lance, but I need monster broths; what's the best way to get these? I tried giggis, but I spent about an hour at a giggi hive and none of them gave monster broths. Am I just unlucky, or should I try again?

Gone2Far provided additional details:

I mean, which bugs are best? Bnahabra seem to have a higher carve rate, but Altaroths are more common. Giggi's, you don't have to poison, but hardly ever drop broths.

siege029 answered:

Altaroths have the best drop rate of the broth being 35%
Bnahabra only have a drop rate of 23%
Giggi's are pitifull at only 10%
1 0

Answers

j_ventura23 answered:

Upper rank bug quest
0 0

siege029 answered:

Your best bet to get Monster broths is to do a high lv bug quest as it can only be gotten on plus lv monsters and bring along a stack of Bug Bombs (Poison smoke bombs)
Just poison the bugs and watch them drop, you should be able to carve out a few broths by the end of the quest
0 0

thaoyeng00 answered:

Altaroths are the best bugs to get the broths from because like siege029 said higher rate and they respawn more, but using a bowgun with poison shots is better than using poison smoke bombs since you have to combine bomb casing with poison sacs which i h8 fighting gigginox for
0 0

Kaiyuni answered:

Whip out any bowgun that is able to poison, go to high rank deserted island harvest tour, and shart shooting up all the bugs(mainly the ones that walk on land) and shoot them with ONLY poison. I come back with about 10 broths in like 8 minutes from that(and some fluid since that can drop too at high rank). Hope this helped.
0 0