Question from djspankypants

What is the difference between the Wii version and the 360/PS3 Versions?

Besides the Style of course. Are the levels the same? Is the dialogue the same? Am i getting the same experience only cartoony? What exactly are the differences? Am I going to have to buy both to get the full experience?

squitz answered:

I have both a Wii and a 360, so i rented both versions of the game to see which was better. It's the same game, in that the story is the same, the voice acting is the same (mostly, there are more lines in the Xbox 360 version, but that's due to game play differences), the Graphics in the Wii version are cartoon style instead of realistic, but that is depicted on the game case.

The biggest difference is game play and they are 2 very different games. I've only played through the Sedgewick hotel and partway through the streets chasing Stay Puft, but here's what i've found so far.

Ghost Busting - similar, in that you need to blast a ghost until it is weak enough to slam around but the similarity ends there. I won't go into all the nitpicky details, but the Wii version is an order of magnitude easier.

the level design - the maps are so very different. the puzzles are different, party due to busting controls (read: limitations in the wii busting controls) and partly due to the difference in enemies.

Speaking of Enemies - the only similarity between the two versions so far, is that some use the same graphics template. Slimer looks like a cartoon Slimer on the Wii, and a more realistic Slimer on the Xbox 360; same thing for the construction worker ghosts. The "final boss" of the Sedgewick hotel on the Wii is a cook. on the Xbox 360, it's a fisherman. I'm not saying that the one boss is better than the other, they are about the same difficulty.

Difficulty - the wii version is so far, much easier. I played the Wii version first, on the hardest difficulty, and haven't had a gave over yet. On the hardest difficulty on the Xbox 360, i had a couple fights (that aren't in the Wii version, like the solo area trying to bust the fisherman ghost), that i gamed over a few times till i figured out that i was doing it wrong. There is also another encounter that kicked my butt till i was wearing it like a hat, admitted defeat, and restarted on normal difficulty. On normal I've only had one game over so far.

Overall I think the Wii version is a very good game in it's own right, but having the option to play both, i prefer the Xbox 360 version. For a relative comparison the Wii version of Ghostbusters is a better adaptation than the Wii version of The Force Unleashed.
2 0

Answers

MasterT231 answered:

Online Capablitiies and better graphics and better creatures
1 2

apuks answered:

They are very different in the number of levels, level design, and collecting.

I have the Wii version. After seeing the Gamespot guide on the 360 gamefaq page, I can see the 360/PS3 has more levels and the levels themselves are different than the Wii version. You have to purchase upgrades in the 360 version but not in the Wii version. You collect scans and book pages on the Wii, collect artifacts on the 360/PS3.

From this I would believe you need to buy both for the full experience.
0 0