Review by elvis1835

"Sonic Unleashed Review"

This is my review for the latest Sega game. Sonic Unleashed. This review will be based around the Wii/PS2 version of the game created by Dimps run on the Havok engine. Now without further adieu I present to you my review.

Storyline: So the storyline was good but it didn't give you that rush of energy that most sonic storylines do. It was repetitive and mildly un-entertaining but it was original as a whole. It started original but it continued to incorporate nothing unexpected. From there you just kind of know what happens. As well the new characters brought in were useless. You will never, or RARELY, see them again. As well I noticed some minimal loose ends. Point in case the storyline was not the best portion of the game as it could've been fleshed out quite a bit more. If you are a sonic storyline fan and that's WHY you PLAY the games, you won't like this
Rating: 6.5/10

Graphics: The Graphics were great. They streamlined quite evenly and brought a sense of true speed. If you can make the graphics good enough and fast enough in a WII sonic game, you've done a fantastic job. They were slightly boxy on the wii but not so bad to call them bad in anyway. Only issues I may have would be the mild fact that the Wii graphics do pale in comparison to the 360.
Rating: 8.5/10

Gameplay: Sonic Unleashed had smooth gameplay. For the most part. Some issues I had would be the Wii controls incorporate a lost sense of control. He just wasn't as steady as you'd like him, but that could be fixed by switching to Gamecube controller. As well the werehog gameplay was fun and intriguing. It almost never glitched up.
Rating: 9/10

Controls: I talked about this a little in the last section. This games controls are good but again a little loose. It does offer three methods of control however these being, Classic Controller, Gamecube Controller, and Wii remote and Nunchuk. They all were good except for the Wii Remote and nunchuk lacked stability. However in spite of their lack of stability the wii remote and nunchuk while lacking the stability replaced it with remarkably fun and activity causing controls.
9/10

Music: The music was entertaining and suited the part of the game you were playing. It also brought back some classic emotions from the older games. There were almost no songs that sounded not like a video game. For some this would be good for some not so good. I fall in between as I like both.
Rating: 9.5/10

Play time: The playtime varies on 1 full day for the wii or 3-5 average game days (avg. game day= 2-6 hrs.) However it is fun, even though it is remarkably short. The 360 version however could last you 4 full days and 5-7 avg. game days.
Rating: 6/10

Replayability: This game had alot of replay ability you will always find yourself wanting the next achievement, the next door open, the next S rank received. The better werehog. However, once you've entirely beaten the game chances are you'll slowly stop playing. Unfortunately.
Rating: 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/04/08

Game Release: Sonic Unleashed (US, 11/18/08)