Review by SuperSonicGohan

"My Sonic Unleashed Review"

Today, I'm going to be reviewing Sonic Unleashed, I'm gonna be talking about the story, gameplay, graphics, sound, and the characters.

Strory:9/10

Th story starts aboard one of Eggman's ships at the end of one of Sonic's previous adventures. Eggman splits the world into seven pieces when he summons a powerful monster from the center of the planet. Sonic is then sent crashing to the planet below. He then finds out that he must travel around the world with his new friend, Chip, and use the Chaos Emeralds to restore the planet. I found the story to be pretty original and enjoyable.

In the day stages, I found the gameplay to be fun and easy, but when I got to the night levels, the controls were less responsive and sometimes wouldn't do what I wanted them to. Also, the town levels were nothing but small conversations with random people. I gave the gamplay 7/10 because of the fun daytime levels, but the unresponsive and sometimes aggrivating nighttime levels.

Graphics: 9.5/10

I found the graphics to be really good and quite realistic...well as realistic as a giant talking blue hedgehog gets anyways. The graphics helped you get into the game, because let's face it, no game is good without cool graphics.

The music was enjoyable and fit the levels well. I found the theme song Endless Possibility to be a cool song that fit the feel of the game well.

Characters: 8.5/10

Some of Sonic's old buddies like Tails and Amy appear in the game, but their is also a new addition to the Sonic game, Chip. Chip is a character that Sonic meets when he lands on the planet after Eggman splits it into seven pieces. Chip has lost and memory, and Sonic tries to help him regain it. Chip will help you in your quest, but can be a little annoying at times. Also, their is Sonic's new form, the Werehog, a more powerful, but far slower version of Sonic. The Werehog is powerful, but I find his levels repetitive and boring and sometimes the controls for him will frustrate you. Along with the heroes, there are also the villains. Of course, Sonic's rival Dr. Eggman returns, this time turning Sonic into a Werehog and summoning a monster from the middle of the planet and shattering it into pieces. Most characters in the game are familiar to Sonic fans with a few new additions. I think the new characters are good, but, does Sonic really need a new character, there's so many right now, it's a little hard to keep track of them. So is a one new character one too many? Well, I don't want to ruin anthing, but because of Chip's story, I'd say that they needed to add a new character because there is no way they could have used an existing character in his place, it just wouldn't work.

Summary: This game is tons of fun during the day stages and would be a perfect 10/10 if that's all there was to the game, but beware when day turns to night and you play boring, repetitive levels in Sonic's Werehog form. Also, the town levels are nothing but talking to a bunch of people in boring conversations that give you little information. Besides the few minor flaws, this game pulls out and is still a genuienely fun game. I would recommend this for any Sonic fan who hasn't bought it all ready. It's the best game in the franchise since the Sonic Adventure games and definetely one of the more fun Sonic games. I think Sega has come a long way with this one and is heading the right way into fixing the Sonic franchise.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/09

Game Release: Sonic Unleashed (US, 11/18/08)