Question from auso87

Why does the game keep telling me I can't run the game?

when me and a couple of friends were playing it on sunday they game randomly froze and now I can't seem to load any files and it keeps saying that the wii can't read the disc and that I should check the manual for the system has this happen to anyone else and is there a way to fix it ?( I also bought the wii from a friend so I don't have the manual)

Answers

Valientherox answered:

This question was posted a year ago, but I'll answer it.

This has happened to me a lot too, and it currently is doing it now (I have to be lucky to get it to run nowadays.)

Your guess is as good as any, and in my personal experience, it's the only game I've came across that has done that. My copy of the game is in fairly good condition, so I rule out that a scratch on the disk is doing it.

Since it is a third party game, it could be something with the Wii just not recognizing it? It's also possible that just overuse of the disc could corrupt it or something. Maybe the Wii's lens are just getting worn out or they may be scratched, or, this is a stretch, I know that the first few lines of Wiis that came out around launch date have trouble reading Dual Layered discs (Super Smash Bros. Brawl, for example is a dual layered disc).

I know this answer doesn't really help, but it's nice to know that it happens to more people.
0 0

Doomsday31415 answered:

After enough use the Wii will start being unable to read discs. This first affects dual-layer discs like SSBB, but eventually causes all discs to be unreadable.

Send the Wii in to be repaired or get a new one! Or just get a Wii U in a few months...
0 0