Review by Platinum_Luigi

"A must buy for those who are familar with the homestar universe"

If you aren't familar with the homestar universe, then I highly recommend you to watch a few Strongbad e-mails before you play this game. If you don't, you really won't understand much of the humor.

Graphics

Graphics are very true to the cartoon, which is good. Don't expect anything mind-blowing, though. Everybody seemed to transition well from 2D to 3D, except for Strong Sad.

8/10

Controls

Controls aren't perfect. Sometimes when you click on a object you won't go right to that object unless you press the object again. It doesn't happen to often, though. Controls can be a little frustrating at times, but not enough to make you throw your wii-remote.

7/10

Music

You might recognize some of the music from some Strong Bad e-mails on the website. The music is very fiting for the game. The music is very calm which fits the mood of the game.

8/10

Lasting Appeal

Once the game is beaten, you unlock extended play. It took me around 4 hours to beat it, because I rarely ever looked at a faq and had hints of medium. If you want this game to last longer, I recommend you put hints on low and try to look as a faq as little as possible.

Anyway, once the game is beaten, you could still try to find all of the Snakeboxer 5 manual pages, all the teen girl squad pages, and find all the clothes for the photo booth. It might last you a few days, but don't expect this to have the same lasting appeal as a fully-fledged 50 dolllar game.

6/10

Overall

This game came out even better than expected, and is easily one of the best Wii-ware games to come out this year. If not, the best. The humor will make you laugh at times, and will keep you entertained.

One of my only gripes with the game is that some of the places didn't see much action in the game, for instance Strongbadia. However, Strongbadia seems to be the main focus of the next episode, which must mean in later episodes you will visit some of the places that you rarely ever visited in episode 1. Also, I was a little dissapointed that Strong Sad didn't fix the Trogdor game in the basement by the end of episode 1, or you didn't go inside Strong Sad's room, however it seems like some of this stuff will have to wait a few more episodes.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/15/08