Review by mrcod4

"Does it live up to the hype?"

Introduction - The Conduit is a very good game but did it live up to the hype? Can a Wii actually have a good FPS? Well, you will find out. So, let's continue!

Story 9/10

I was a little skeptical at first but the story is very good. It is about how these aliens called "The Drudge" have taken over Washington D.C. So a squad called "The Trust" have hired Mr. Ford to fight the Drudge and Terrorists. In some missions you'll have to destroy Conduits. Drudge come out of the Conduit. You can throw grenades at the Conduits to destroy them. That's about it.

Graphics 8/10

I liked the graphics a lot. It doesn't look like a 360 or PS3 game but good for the Wii. Some maps in the multiplayer don't look great but decent. Single player I think looks great.

Multiplayer 9/10

Multiplayer is terrific. This is not like Call of Duty though because there is a health bar. It will take a few bullets to kill someone unless you have a shotgun which takes 2 to 3 shots to kill. There are no vehicles in the multiplayer and THERE IS ONLY WIFI NO OFFLINE. If you don't have Wifi I would not get this game. There are some bugs for example the respawn glitch where you do not respawn. Also some freezing occurs during Wifi. You will run into some lag but it is not to bad. Matchmaking is not bad either. Before a match you can chose Free For All, Team Reaper, and Team objective.

I think they are very well made. When your in the lobby you can vote on the gametype, Weapon set, and map. Of course the one with the most votes wins. Again, it is not like COD where you have sets. There is also weapons laying throughout the map. You also have ranks. There are 25 and you gain XP each match

Controls 8/10

Your default controls aren't the best but still pretty good. But you can customize your controls any way you want.

Weapons 8/10

Some weapons are cheap but there pretty good. Some shoot out lazers so can get cheap at times. They balanced it well.

Sound 9/10

Not much to say. Weapons sound good and the Voice acting is good.

Closing Statements

Very well done game. Has its flaws but it is good. I request you pick it up.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 07/01/09

Game Release: The Conduit (US, 06/23/09)