Question from Spencedogg

Has anyone else noticed that the game in incredibly more difficult when playing on a high-def tv?

I play on a standard television, and I find myself almost a half second faster than on a high definition television. Is this because of lag? Has anybody else had this problem or know how to fix it ?

Answers

maiorano84 answered:

If you're experiencing any kind of lag issue between tvs, it's more than likely due to a problem with your TV's video input. Try changing the Wii A/V cables to a different input and see if that fixes anything. If not, then it could be a problem with your TV's main board. Have you tested this on multiple HDTVs and Standard TVs? I haven't heard of this being an issue for gaming, so more than likely the problem lies with the manufacturer of the TV itself. If the TV is new and you think you may have found the problem, check your manufacturer's warranty to see if they can do anything for you.
0 0

Frankie123457 answered:

I think you are talking about the NES Punch-Outs!! for the VC, and you should change the AV cables to basic composite cables. THat might fix it.
0 0

GrayfoxDUDE answered:

Hell yeah it is!
0 3

megamanV answered:

Yes i have noticed this problem. I only own a standard box tv (incredible, right) and it works fine or i got used to it... then i took it to my friends house (loves punch-out) and he killed me because of his tv lag. In other words the hd does lag this game. Get used to hd tv or use standard tv...
0 0

gogmagog4 answered:

Yes, their is a slight bit of lag. I played it on a tv with and without hdtv. Their is lag.
0 0

lordcthulu answered:

Most HDTVs have some delay between input of a standard definition signal and display for processing which can affect most video games - this is why games where timing is critical, like Guitar Hero, offer an HDTV mode where the game componsates for the typical display of an HDTV.

This is really dependent on your input to the TV, the type of HDTV, and whether or not the TV supports native 480p (EDTV) resolution. For a Wii, you probably want to use the optional composite cables. If the HDTV doesn't support 480p, it might have a Game mode, which will speed up the processing to reduce lag, but at the cost of image quality.

Here's a pretty good forum post on the subject - it's a few years old, but the basic info is still accurate:
forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=94426
1 0

Game script? Answered randomgamerII
Does this game get harder? Answered FlicktehWhyt
How do you play the game in the credits? Answered Richforce
What is the point to perfect runs? Answered XD00999
Don Flamenco's toupee? Answered IamNicklos