Question from Garesmomma

Can someone help me please?

My son has asked Santa for the Pikmin 2 wii game. I don't know much about it, can I buy this anywhere? I keep seeing it for gamecube will it work on the wii also? He is only six but loves the Pikmin game. I don't want to ruin his Christmas. I've checked on Ebay and see games from other countries are these games able to play on north American systems? Any information would be helpful, Thank you.

Answers

YoshiLord06 answered:

Any Gamecube game, including Pikmin 2, will work with the Wii, if you have a Gamecube controller.
The Wii is region locked, so you can't import a foreign Wii game and expect it to be usable on a domestic Wii.
No North American version of this game has been released.

This makes your options getting a Gamecube Pikmin 2 game and a Gamecube controller if you don't already have one, or importing both a foreign New Play Control! Pikmin 2 game and a foreign Wii from the same country.
0 1

Elementalninjam answered:

The NPC Pikmin 2 has been released in North America, and should be available at most retailers. If not, check online at a place like Amazon. This version is a Wii game, which is the safest bet for your son, as newer Wii's don't have the same backward compatibility that earlier versions did. Further, the Gamecube version of this game is very hard to find, and will most likely cost far more than the Wii version, which is retailing for 20 dollars.
1 0

yoshipikmnghost answered:

You can buy it for the wii, too! It's $20, and I'm sure you can find it a gamestop or something.
0 0