Question from emrzz09

How many gifts do you have to give someone to achieve hearts?

I want my character to marry Owen. I've given him 12 of the things he loves (mostly copper and silver ores and mushroom soup) and I only have one heart with him. I give him a gift every day, I talk to him multiple times a day.. am I doing something wrong or does it really take this long to get hearts with someone?

emrzz09 provided additional details:

Thank you! I'll keep trying :)

DayWolf answered:

I've found that it takes 4-6 days of giving a loved gift to achieve one heart, 20 days just talking, and I'm not sure how much of a bonus rubbing gives...
0 0

eswdolly answered:

I give him copper everyday for at least a week to get one heart, so no your not doing anything wrong, it just takes a really long time
0 0

Daisy26f answered:

If you give a loved gift and talk it should take one week for one heart. This is because each time you give a gift you will get 10 hearrt points. And for the first time you talk in a day it will give you 5 heart points. This equals a maximum of 15 heart points a day unless you rub them to. This was all based on ToT because this games way of earning heart points is probably the same.
1 0

YoshiStar13 answered:

Rubbing gives 3.5pts (or 7pts if you do it until you see hearts) each time~!
0 0

LadyTora answered:

It takes seven days to get one heart if you give them a gift they love mwaning multiple hearts appear over their head when you give them it and you have to talk to them at least once i always talk to them twice for good measure :l i dont know how long it takes if you use the extra wiimote to rub them but i knoe the rest for a fact due to having to ring the purple bell xD
0 0

Alpha23 answered:

Each heart is 100 points
rubbing is worth 3.5 each and you can do this just witch is 7
just talking is worth 5
giving a love gift is 10 a liked gift is 5
it only takes 5 days if you do all this with a loved gift hope this helps
0 0