Question from zruben

Why does mario loses his hat a lot??...

I don't understand what causes me to lose mario's hat, and I don't understand how I can get it back...

it doesn't really bother me to play hat-less... I just want to understand why it happens.... thanks in advance

Pokeneon7 answered:

When you get 99 lives which is easy for most people, mario takes off his cap, if dies with 99 lives, the game resume sat 98 lives and mario puts his cap back on. Its just a little easter egg they put in.
1 0

Answers

AlfaHunter answered:

When you reach 99 Lifes, Mario get off the hat. Once you die, you get it back. (Honeslty I like Mario without hat xP)
0 0

Kraleck answered:

First some history. The hatless Mario bit has been in various Mario games since Super Mario 64.

In Super Mario 64, if you lose your hat, you take double damage. You can also do a glitch/trick where you can fly while holding the Wing Cap by losing your hat first. In Super Mario Sunshine, losing your hat (to the one enemy that you can lose it to) slowly drains your life until you get it back.

Luigi's Mansion and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story both had a nod to this hatless bit, too. LM had you recover Mario's lost items (one was his hat) to learn about what happened to Mario from the ghostly medium, Madame Clairvoya. In M&L:BIS, Luigi tried to catch a tiny "durmite" (a blue worm from inside a colossal carrot) by taking off his hat and trapping it underneath (failing at it many times).

Now, New SMB Wii gives us the hatless Mario bit as an Easter Egg for getting 99 lives.
0 0

Mario With Wii motion plus? Answered IkeBrawler100
Hatless Mario? Answered Hyper_G
Can you play as anyone else than mario in 1P? Answered halberdierv2
How do I lose Mario's hat? Answered megadiomg
What does Mario say before entering any level? Answered lgood