Review by DarkShadow3197

"New Super Mario Bros 3"

This was supposed to be nintendo's game of the year. It arguably is. However, it is a step below the DS version. This was supposed to be massive because of the multiplayer. Well except for the multiplayer, this is technically a combined New super mario bros, and super mario bros. 3.

story- 8/10

Nintendo keeps coming up with new ways for the princess to be kidnapped. Trapped in a cake orin a castle its still a tad different than the one before. It's obvious to me that nintendo is either too lazy, or likes the kidnap Peach story line. Still, it's good as ever and is fine for a game like this.

realism-n/a

I added this just to make sure that we know this is not real. skeletons don't walk around, turtles don't have spikes, and humans don't have mutant mushrooms on their heads.

graphics- 7/10

The graphics here are cartoony and animated, hence the word 'new' in the name. Considering that this is nintendos second 2.5D graphics game, it's interesting how it came out.

gameplay-9/10

This game is basically a remake of New super Mario bros DS in single player. Except you can only be Mario.(poor weegee) But that's not where the game really shines, what really shines is the multiplayer. Up to four players can play at one time. Player one is always Mario, but players two, three, and four can be Luigi, Blue toad, or yellow toad. Who you are makes no difference at all in the gameplay.

now to the actual gameplay. The gameplay is very similar to new super mario bros DS and Super Mario Bros 3. However, all the levels are new and unique, but some are awfully similar. Then there is the mini bosses strolling around on the over world map. That get in your way if you tbump into them.

Content-7/10

The amount of content in this game is similar to New super Mario Bros DS. However, I was dissapointed with the VS. mode as the second mode instead of minigames.(which would have been awesome for the wii.)Wait, am I getting told that the DS had better memory than the wii.

Sound-6/10

With the main theme from new super mario bros is back and is used almost as much. If nintendo could create such awesome music for galaxy and brawl, I don't see why they couldn't do it for this game.

Overall-8/10

This game, despite not being nintendo's best work is still very good, and is a great add to your wii collection.

Buy or Rent-buy

With all the new levels and features, this game is a great add to a wii library.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/23/09

Game Release: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (US, 11/15/09)