Review by julia2468

"Here we go on another awesome game!!"

THIS GAME ROCKS!!!! I don't own it, sadly. I play at a friend's house and it's AWESOME. Boy, didn't Nintendo make a huge comeback from the DS version of the game? Seriously, it's way harder and more advanced than the DS version.

Story: (9.8/10) The story is also better in this game then the DS version. In this version, guess what? It's Princess Peach's Birthday!! Oh yay, hooray and whatnot!! Mario, Luigi and the two Toads are in Peach's Castle spending her special day with her, when Peach is presented with a really big cake. Peach is sooooo happy now, isn't she? Well, not for long. After receiving this wonderful cake, Peach screams in fright when the Koopa kids (Larry, Roy, Lemmy, Wendy O., Iggy, Morton, Ludwig Von and Bowser Jr) pop out and kidnap Peach!! After the kidnapping, the Koopa kids sprint out of sight with Peach in the cake. After being witnesses of this horrible sight, Mario, Luigi, and the Toads spring into action, also sprinting just behind the Koopa Kids. They exit the Castle, and then see the evil Koopa kids jump onto an airship with Peach and the fake cake at their possession. Will Mario and Luigi (and possibly the Toads) save the princess?

Characters: (9.5/10) Same old, same old. Mario and Luigi. Not that anything is wrong with them, but Wario and Yoshi should have a little more fame then they have right now. (Even though you get to ride Yoshi in a couple levels, he should be in multiplayer). An example is, for the 3 or 4 player game. Wario and Yoshi should be involved. Like, player 1 is Mario. Player 2 is Luigi. And instead of Toads for players 3 and 4, it should be Wario and Yoshi. Nothing is wrong with Toad, he's adorable. But, Toad is already in it. He's in the mushroom houses, and you save him in courses sometimes. My point is that I would've put Wario and Yoshi in it.

Enemies: (9.7/10) The enemies are somewhat better than in the DS version, also. They are pretty much the same, but some new and improved ones, too. Goombas and Koopa Troopas are the old enemies, and are very easy. Cheep cheeps are back also, and some are easy, some are hard. The green and blue or purple ones follow you when you go near them. I don't know what these are called but, they are the ones who throw spiky orbs at you. Those guys are pretty cool.

Worlds: (10/10) The worlds and their themes and levels were outstandingly flawless, no doubt about it. From the normality of a sunny day theme of World 1, all the way down to a fierce, fiery sea of World 8. Between them was World 2's desert theme, World 3's snowy and icy land theme, World 4 as a beach with calm, blue waters containing vicious enemies, World 5 as a poisonous jungle, World 6 as a dusty mountain, I can't remember what World 7 is, and World 9 as a rainbowy, bright and colorful star. Completely flawless in my opinion.

Items: (10/10) The items (as I call them) were awesome. From the Fire Flower to the all new power-up: The penguin suit. The mini-mushroom, as you all know, makes you a perilously microscopic size; allowing you to run on water, run faster than usual, jump higher than usual, and go through mini-pipes. The regular mushroom, as you also know, makes you what I like to call, "Middle sized." It doesn't allow you to do anything special though. The Fire Flower makes you middle sized, but also allows you to shoot fire balls at enemies and/or opponents in multiplayer. The all new Ice Flower is almost excactly the same as the Fire Flower, but it makes you shoot ice balls instead of fire balls. When an enemy gets hit with an ice ball, they are frozen in a block of ice; in which you have a couple of options. You could not do anything with it, but it will unfreeze eventually. You could press 1 on the Wii console to pick it up. In that case, you could throw it at other enemies. You could ground pound it and the frozen enemy and the block will burst. Or you could jump up and hit it, but that will only work with pirhana plants in upside down pipes. The also all new Penguin suit will obviously make you look like a penguin, but it will allow you to slide on your belly when you dash for a certain amount of time, or you could slide across the top of water by doing the same. The last one is the all new Propeller suit. This will put you in a red suit with a propeller on the top. And when you shake the Wii console, you'll fly into the air, collecting coins or star coins out of reach by just jumping. I am surprised, yet very pleased that there is no Mega mushroom. In the DS version there was mega mushrooms, and it just made the whole game easier because you would grow to giant size and you would crush anything you touch. I also call the mega mushroom a Super Cheater Mushroom.

Music: (10/10) The music was also awesomely flawless. It always matched the theme of the levels it was in, and it always sounded awesome. I don't really have much to say about it 'cause it's too awesome, so, onto the next section which is...

Graphics: (10/10) The graphics had no problems at all. The game wasn't really 2D, but it wasn't 3D either. So, I'll just call it 2 and a half D. Usually 3D is better than 2D, but I don't think 3D would have fit here that nicely. The characters and enemies looked really cool. I remember in Super Mario 64 for N64, Bowser looked totally messed up. But in this game, he looks perfect. Mario, Luigi, Toads, Yoshi, even all of the enemies looked awesome.

Well, I've reached the end of my review. I just wanna say that this game is totally awesome, and if you have a Wii but you don't have this game yet, buy this game. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/14/10

Game Release: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (US, 11/15/09)