Review by Megaleg

"Peach, Wario and Waluigi will just screw this game up."

Let me tell you that this game is great, no matter what people say. Get this game if you like Mario.

A lot of people bash this game because of Nintendo putting two Toads in, thinking that the character pairs of either Peach and Toad, Wario and Waluigi or Toad and Toadette would work a lot better than the Toads in this game, one colored blue and one colored yellow. However, people need to understand that Wario and Waluigi have NO business working with Mario and Luigi. Also, Wario is too fat and Waluigi is too tall, and they would have different abilities meaning that people would fight to play as them.

As for Peach, she used to be able to float, and if she could float in this game, again people would fight to play as her. She would float over many enemies and players can't even attack her because they can't float themselves. Having her float for a limited time would still not work, because she can just float again. Also, in this game she's kidnapped by a character named Bowser for like the billionth time and Mario goes off to save her with his brother Luigi.

I can't really defend Toad and Toadette, but I'm telling you that Toad's color would be red like Mario, and very few boys do not mind having to play as Toadette. If you were a boy, and your friends took every character besides Toadette, how would you feel? I won't mind playing as a girl, but I don't want boys whining because they HAD to play as a girl.

Anyways, back on track.

History

Nintendo first announced this game during June 2009. They revealed lots of info, and the game came out during November 2009.

Gameplay 9/10

This game has the classic Mario feel. You have to reach the flagpole before the time runs out. However, they're new power ups that I'm not going to spoil. This time however, you can play multiplayer with up to 4 people.

Story 5/10

The story is the usual. Bowser kidnaps Peach for the countless number of times this happened. No, NOBODY is tied of it. Bowser loves her, Peach is used to it and both Mario and Luigi are used to it too.

Music and Graphics 7/10

Both the music and graphics are good. The music is awesome, and the graphics are not bad.

Play Time/Replayability 8/10

This game should last you months. There are lots to collect, and once you beat the final boss, this game should still be fun.

Final Recommendation

I suggest you buy this game or you rent it. This game is great. There's lots to do, and the multiplayer is fun.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 03/21/11

Game Release: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (US, 11/15/09)