Review by Sermaster2

"Better than the Sequel by a Universe!"

Okay, I played all of the Mario plat-formers like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, but this game is by far the best out of all of them! It is a wonderful game that the whole family can enjoy. It is just like the original except this game has new features like new power-ups, new characters, and even Yoshi! The galaxies are phenomenal as each and everyone is unique and fun in its own way. You can slide down a huge tree slide in one galaxy and jump on clouds in another, but you'll have a great time either way! Now for ratings on my review, I will separate it in many sections:

Challenge: (Rating 8/10)
Although most Mario games are easy, I have to say that this game is no cakewalk for new players, and I am a veteran in the Mario plat-formers. There are so many stars that can frustrate you enough to throw the controller out the window. However, this game is not brutal since it gives you some hints using cosmic guides or video billboards. This can help new and old players alike a lot. Overall, the challenge may be long and not easy, but it is not difficult either so try your best and hope you get the difficult stars.

Controls: (Rating 10/10)
The controls are easy in my opinion. It is not too complicated even when you are controlling Yoshi. It is the same controls as the original Super Mario Galaxy so there is nothing much to say here.

Graphics: (Rating 10/10)
This is one of the strong aspects of the game. The graphics here are to die for in a wii game. Every detail is so beautiful. Even the hub world is awesome when you look at the sky and planets! The stars look so realistic in the stage backgrounds. I have to say, Nintendo did a great job in creating the graphics for this game.

Length: (Rating 9/10)
I felt that the game isn't that long at all. I got 38 stars in 6 hours though so maybe each world can take up to 2 hours to beat. Luckily, Nintendo put 240 unique stars in the game unlike 120 stars in the prequel. This game can take a good week or two to complete for the average player.

Sound: (Rating 10/10)
AMAZING! All the sounds sound really fantastic. The music in my opinion is one of the greatest in any Mario game. I did notice some remixes of the same songs, but no matter since they are all great! Overall, the music in the game are very beautiful melodies that can create a tear if it sounds really sad.

Storyline: (Rating 2/10)
WHAT STORYLINE! There is not a storyline at all except that Princess Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser AGAIN and Mario has to save her AGAIN. I hate the fact that this game has the same story as most Mario games have. We need more storyline in future games. The only Mario games to have great storylines are the Paper Mario series! If SMG2 had a great storyline, I would have gave the game a 10/10 overall as a perfect game.

Overall: (Rating 9/10)
It is a fun game like I said. So much to do with 200+ stars to collect, new galaxies to explore, and new features to try out. In my opinion, I feel that sequels are more horrible than the original. Now, when I played this game, I ate my own words. This game may be the best wii game to have come out in 2010. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and play this game. You won't regret it and I promise you that!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/01/10

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (US, 05/23/10)