Review by MBBDarigon

"Nintendo did the impossible!"

Super Mario Galaxy 2 has to be one of the greatest games of all time! Wait isn't that the line I used for the first one too? This game is meant for all ages, it doesn't matter whether you're a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer. When you play this magnificent game you will pat yourself on the back. It's a direct sequel to Super Mario Galaxy and that's not a bad thing at all

Story: This game isn't based around story as much as the first. It's a Mario game so I'm pretty sure you weren't expecting much of one right? Anyway basically Bowser grows larger, kidnaps peach and its Mario's duty to rescue the peach so he flies out to space yet again. He then will meet fat Luma named Lubba. This guy (?) ship got broken down by Bowser and knew he was a villain, so being the kind guy Lubba is he offers you to use his Spaceship temporarily. It is now your objective to save all the power stars these will help fuel the ship to go farther and stop the forces of evil.

Controls: It just like any other Mario game, quite similar to the first with its really well done and very simplistic controls that anyone can use. They do retain most abilities too, like using the wiimotes IR sensor to aim your starbits and use B to shoot them to stun enemies. You also yet again have the ability to extend your jump by a little pinch by shaking the remote, which is very useful at times you are in danger. It does have a few levels in which you have to use the full motion controls which can be hard to use at first, but after a few retries you can master them in no time!

Audio: This game just like its predecessor has some of the best orchestrated music I have ever heard. It has a diverse soundtrack in which it fits perfectly with the levels. It has memorable music just like all the Mario games, it's simply phenomenal! Though it does bring a few tunes from the first one in and does remix quite a few themes.

Gameplay: The gameplay in this is near perfect in my opinion. It uses the very basic Mario platforming we came to love and adds so many new additions. It uses everything that was good about the first game and improves on it in every single way. It uses the core physics from the first game, and adds new power-ups (while keeping some of the old ones) such as a drill, a Cloud Mario and Rock Mario. Not only that but it also adds Yoshi into the mix, he even has 3 power-ups of his own. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has diverse level designs its design is just as good as the original. It even brings in a few old levels from other Mario games.

Conclusion: You played the first… What are you waiting for? This is another perfect game; it's the new greatest game I have ever played! Just like the first the controls are simplistic enough for anyone, graphics are stunning, the music is awesome, the level design is genius, and the game is just all around epic. This game just takes everything from first and improves on an already perfect game. I've never played games like these before and they are simply amazing. I demand you to get out of your house and just buy this game. If you don't want a good game its fine by me… Wait my mistake… If you don't want a game that deserves all the 10/10's you're crazy! Nintendo did the impossible and created a game better than Super Mario Galaxy.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/03/10

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (US, 05/23/10)