Review by papery0shi2

"One of the reasons why I love Mario games so much"

The sequel to the highly praised Super Mario Galaxy doesn't disappoint one bit. I wasn't to much of a fan of the original Super Mario Galaxy because it was way to linear and really easy. But Super Mario Galaxy 2 has bigger worlds, more difficult, and has Yoshi!

Simply the best graphics on the Wii that I have played. If this game can do it, so can the other games.

Sound/Music:9.5/10
Music isn't really a big deal with me when playing video games but the sound track of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is phenomenal. One of my favorite sound tracks in video game history.

Controls:10/10
Anybody can pick up the control and play it. I have my ten year old cousin who loves this game, and for her it's easy to control.

Story:N/A/10
Why would anyone play Mario games for story? Unless it's the Mario RPG's I see no reason caring about it. It's the same story Bowser captures Peach, yata yata yata, blah blah blah..

Fun Factor:10/10
The platforming is pure genius, I was wowed with the beautiful design and the amazing jumping, it was to awesome.

Replayability:Moderately High
I don't really replay games because I have so many other games to complete, but theres just so much to do in this game that you would want to go back and complete it. After I'm done with the games I am trying to complete I will definably play this game again

Overall to me:10/10

Positive:
+ Fantastic blend of the best of 2-D and 3-D Mario
+ Phenomenal level design still twists the Galaxy formula
+ Yoshi adds a surprising amount of fun to the game
+ 242 stars makes a massive and expansive game
+ Graphics are every bit as good as before
+ Even better soundtrack

Negative:
- Camera
This is my favorite game on the Wii and I would happily reccommened this to anyone who loves Platforming. I am also happy that they added Yoshi to the game because he is my favorite video game character ever.

So no, Galaxy 2 isn't perfect. But since when has any game achieved perfection? God alone is perfect; nothing humans make can ever be truly perfect. But it's for games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 that "perfect" scores exist: games that are so excellent and so well crafted that they deserve top honors among their peers. And so that is why this game receives a 10 out of 10 from me. Not because it's perfect, but because it's as good as games get.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/30/10

Game Release: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (US, 05/23/10)