Where can I find hornet larvae?

1. Hello, please help. I am looking for some hornet larvae, but they have disappeared from Faron Woods. I have searched it all, no more hives there. What can I do?

User Info: aleoliva86

aleoliva86 - 4 years ago

1. The primary place to find this is in the Deep Woods. However, you could score one on bug island later in the game. What you are looking for is a Hornet's Nest. You will need to hit the nest with something. In the beginning, it will probably be the slingshot or the beetle. (Later, you can use other weapons as well, but these will remain the best as other ammo is more important).
    When the nest hits the ground, the hornets will burst out and start attacking. Take this opportunity to catch some hornets in your bug net for later and swat the rest away with your sword. Once the hornets are gone, grab the hornet larvae on the ground.

User Info: nwanamaker

nwanamaker - 4 years ago 2 1

Answers

1. There are two just before the Skyview Temple. One is hanging over a rope crossing (can be picked up using the Beetle) and another is at the entrance to the area. Just keep smashing into trees.

User Info: RevenantThings

RevenantThings - 4 years ago 0 1
  2. If you grab a beehive with the beetle then drop it it should give you it

User Info: Shadowfan97

Shadowfan97 - 4 years ago 0 0
  3. Any time you see a deku hornet nest in the deep woods or on bug rock, lure out the hornets by getting close, then kill them by catching them in your bug net. Once they are all gone, hit the nest with the slingshot or by rolling into the tree. Hornet larvae will appear right under where the nest was. Hurry and collect them. Later on, I think you can clawshot the nest.

User Info: ijyliu

ijyliu - 4 years ago 0 0
  4. Try to get a beehive with your net.

User Info: naz_bee

naz_bee - 4 years ago 0 2
  5. A bonus larvae u can get is near the game when the rock guy tells u to hit the block u say no he says wtf u say no again an he give u larva

User Info: SingingSoul

SingingSoul - 3 years ago 0 0
  6. You can shoot a hive, it will crack open, then you get the Hornet larve
    P.S. you can only get 1 per hive

User Info: sebastian150

sebastian150 - 3 years ago 0 0