Question from zeldafreak489

Shoul I do Hero Mode?

I'm near the end of the game and I've read a lot about hero mode. I just want to know: is it worth it? Should I overwrite my game file to do it?

Gunsm1th answered:

Copy your normal save file first to another slot before fighting Demise, if you want a separate copy of a Hero mode file.

The only things that are different are:
1. Faster Skyward Strike from the start
2. Bugs and Treasure upgrade items carry over from Normal mode
3. Enemies deal double damage to Link
4. Some scenes are able to be skipped

That's about it so I don't think it's worth it since you only get a fancy Triforce logo on your save file after completion, but if you want the bragging rights, then go for it.
0 0

Cheeze111 answered:

Do what Gunsm1th said first so you still have your old file. There is one more change that he didn't mention, and that is that hearts never appear anywhere in the game unless you are holding a Heart Medal, so you will need more potions. There isn't that much of a point to Hero Mode, but it is fun and there's nothing wrong with playing a great game again.
0 0

ijyliu answered:

I agree. I found it fun to get the chance to play through again. I copied my save file before Demise, so I was fine. It isn't that much harder since you already know what to do. Once you beat it, yoh will have truly beaten the game and a triforce logo will appear next to your save file. And you get bragging rights.

However, it is only fair that I express the other side of the argument. Others say that it is overly repetitive and too easy to be worth it.

Happy playing!
0 0

ghost_tails answered:

It depends on how bored you are. Personally, I quite enjoyed it. I would do it again. However, it IS repetitive. All the puzzles are the same, so that part is totally obsolete. If you enjoy the gameplay more than the puzzles, go for it.
0 0

Jvalant answered:

My favorite part of hero mode was beating every single boss in the thunder dragons boss challenge. Now that was challenging, and still fun. That alone made hero mode worth it for me.
0 0

Ninten_Star answered:

It's worth it, but there's no hearts either. It's also a nice challenge. What I did, is that I copied my normal file onto another save file, then I used the original as my Hero Mode file. The only thing that would probably be really hard is attempting to get the Hylian Shield. But you'll eventually see patterns that the bosses do.
0 0

HylianHeroLink answered:

If you like a challenge, go for it. The pros are as follows. Skyward Strike charges faster from the start. Any treasures or bugs you got in the first run carry over into Hero Mode, making item upgrades easier. When you get to the point where the Master Sword achieves its true form, the charge time for the Skyward Strike is eliminated, allowing it to be charged instantly. You'll be able to skip cutscenes that you don't like as well. The cons are that damage is doubled, hearts don't appear unless you're carrying at least one of the two Heart Medals. The oxygen gauge that appears when swimming depletes twice as fast, which causes a lot more heart damage when empty. There are some other small changes that help speed things along. Try out Hero Mode to find out. One more thing. The Shiekah Stone that provides you those hint movies will let you view all of them at once at the start of a Hero Mode file.
1 0

Superlinkbro answered:

If you are not good at the game I would say no. If you like a challenge then go for it!
0 0

Phoneguyhello12 answered:

I never notice the oxygen gauge going down faster? seem to going down to the same as the one in normal mode
0 0

Triforce33 answered:

This is for pros only. Think you are up for the Challenge, go for it. It claims to make a new file, not rewrite your current one until you pick yes
0 0

What changes from normal mode to Hero mode? Answered AdvicePro
Hero Mode? Answered itzNOTmatt
WHat do I do in hero mode? Open ash991
Is Hero Mode worth it? Answered CF4RR311
Hero mode items? Answered lightbebe