Review by suicunes_wrath

"A year has passed since I first heard of this game but the friends along the way made the wait worth it."

Hello, I wanted to make this review for a long time being that I and plenty of others have been waiting for this magnificent game to come out for such a long time. This game is not only one of the best Zeldas yet but it's one of the most different though it still has it's Zelda like charm. This game is the first true motion plus experience on the wii which is quite great truth be told.

Zelda was never meant to be story based and it never really has been but this game has one of the better stories in the series along with one of the better villains who happens to show up and antagonise you constantly. The story is the origin of the master sword while also the origins of many other things. Link who lives on skyloft discovers the land below and embarks on a magical journey to save his childhood friend Zelda.

The game is beautiful with it's impressionist style, I can't just describe how neat the graphics are. The realistic and cartoonish style blend in this game so well you wouldn't believe, I'm amazed at how much effort they put into the games designs. The characters even look good.

This game features a beautiful orchestrated soundtrack to keep you satisfied until the end. The music in this game is stuff of legends and offers some very new and some familiar tunes that you will enjoy.

This is where the game truly shines(brighter than the Tri-force perhaps). The gameplay is made up of good puzzles and GOOD COMBAT. Yeah you heard right, this Zelda actually has good COMBAT which is rare for a Zelda game. The combat has sword puzzles up the wazoo but also take skill to pull off, this is one of the few Zeldas that I died in(quite a bit actually). The lands and areas are very similar to dungeons themselves that if it weren't for the game telling you what was a dungeon and what was not I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. The game also features many innovative uses of the Wii Motion plus to the point it ain't a waggle fest. There is plenty of sidequests to do and the difficulty is good for a Zelda.

Get this game, I'm glad I did. The game is great for any gamer to enjoy, you won't be disappointed. It has so much to do and so much to enjoy you can hardly contain yourself.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/22/11

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (US, 11/20/11)