Review by kazecant

"Skyward Sword is truly one of a kind."

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the newest and most unique installment of the Legend of Zelda series. It brought new things to the series that no one would have imagined back in 1980 whatever the year was. When I think of this game, I think of chocolate pudding. The reason for this is because Skyward Sword is like the chocolate pudding (the best kind), and everything else is the vanilla pudding (the kind you eat when there's no chocolate). Anyways, I think it's time to review this game.

Most Zelda games don't really have a huge in-depth story, but this game story wise is definitely the chocolate pudding of the series. It makes you want more, and when you get more you're glad you get it. The story is basically the origin of many things in the Zelda series, one of which being The Master Sword. It starts off with Link living in his town called Skyloft, until one day something terrible happens.

These graphics are absolutely beautiful. When I think of these graphics I think of chocolate pudding again. I look at them and they're just so tantalising that I need to continue on with this mission, to indulge in what you could say "the taste" of the chocolate pudding. In other words I really enjoy stopping and looking at the surroundings.

The music is incredible. Nintendo really outdid themselves this time. The orchestrated music just adds a really nice touch to the game, and the quality is amazing. Really helps enjoy chocolate pudding while playing this game.

The combat in this game is good. Almost too good. If I had one word for it I'd say it's "Tri-forcerific". The 1:1 controls really feel fluent and the puzzles are really nicely done. The way they implemented the Wii-motion+ into the puzzles was amazing. The controls feel as smooth as chocolate pudding, which is a big part of the 10/10 rating for gameplay. The way they made enemies have certain patterns you have to maneuver around to hit them made it really easy to enjoy the combat. The only bad part about it in my opinion is that is takes both hands completely, rendering you unable to eat chocolate pudding, but that's a personal thing.

Overall I give this game a 10/10. Nintendo really outdid themselves. I'm glad I got this game, and even got the bundle. It was worth it. If you're still unsure let me ask you this, do you enjoy chocolate pudding? Because like I said, this is definitely the chocolate pudding of the series.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/29/11

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (US, 11/20/11)