Review by CENO41

"Another Legend of Zelda, another great game"

I have to say, with all the hype leading up to this game, everyone thought it had to be great. Well, guess what? It is. What else would you expect from the same people who gave us Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess? They've been going at it for over fifteen years. I just want to cover some of the brief aspects of the game and why, although maybe not a nine (I am maybe a little biased :) ) it does deserve at least a seven.

Quality: A lot of people have bashed the quality of the game. I really don't know why. Yes, Twilight Princess had a more realistic feel to it, but saying a game is terrible because it's cartoony means hating almost every game on earth. I enjoyed the graphics, and if you are a true gamer, or even someone who just likes games, you'll like the graphics. They fit perfectly into the storyline. Any more realistic just wouldn't have been right.

Acutal Gameplay: Absolutely loved it. But don't think that you're going to feel like you're actually wielding a sword, it's just like any other Wii game, you can sit on the couch and just wave your arms. But if you want to, you can really get into it. You swing, Link reacts. But yes it did make a few mistakes. Like a shield bash when I wanted a slash and vice versa. But overall, it was fantastic. Nintendo really outdid themselves.

Music: Think back to all the music of past Zelda games. Amazing, right? Amazing once again. This music really is great. My personal favorite was Saria's Song from OoT, but after this came out, I have a few new ones. You'll really enjoy the music even if you aren't a Legend of Zelda player. The orchestra just can't be beat. Real violins, cellos, and all sorts of beautiful instruments that perform a perfect harmony.

Story: This was bashed a little bit too. I thought the story was better than either of the DS Legend of Zeldas. And maybe even Majora's Mask. It gave you something to look forward to in the end. Something to work towards because you wanted everything good and happy. This story will keep you on the edge, wondering what's going to happen next.

Overall: Great game. A lot of hype leading up to it is what I think cause some of the bitter reviews. I think it is a great game with quality that best suits it, gameplay that fits it like a glove, music that will get you moving, whether it be emotionally or physically, and a story that will have you thinking about it even when you've stopped playing.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/04/12

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (US, 11/20/11)