Review by FoxMulder1961

"Flawless, except for some sidequests that can keep this game from being perfect and completed."

Hi there!! This review is all about the new Zelda game that came out on the Wii. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is another great game for the franchise and should not be passed up. So here is my review for this good Zelda game. Enjoy!

Introduction 10/10 - This Zelda game is about a boy named Link who is getting ready for the day of the Wing Ceremony on a small island in the sky called Skyloft. Link gets all prepared for the race, however, he loses his Loftwing and has to search for it. Once he finds it, he joins the Wing Ceremony and then wins recognition and higher ranking in the Academy. He and Zelda then go out for a flight on their Loftwings and Zelda gets sucked away by a tornado and Link wakes up back at Skyloft later. After waking up, some people in the Academy tell Link how could he let Zelda go. Link then embarks on an epic adventure below the sky in search for Zelda. On his mission to save Zelda, he will solve puzzles, collect heart pieces, gratitude crystals, open chests in the sky via goddess cubes, and many other sidequests to accomplish.

Gameplay 8/10 - Skyward Sword is a great game to play and it will keep you busy. It is a lot of fun and the game is pretty straightforward. In terms of difficulty, the game is in between - there are some sidequests that I just can't do and that are pretty frustrating to me, like the Kina Duet at the Lumpy Pumpkin. But the game does offer some fun sidequests. With that being said, there are a lot of sidequests and upgradables for your items and many more things to do aside from the main quest. Controls are fairly good, sometimes the Wii remote does not cooperate. Descent gameplay though.

Story 10/10 - Summed it up above in my introduction. Great story.

Graphics/Sound 10/10 - Skyward Sword has some of the best graphics ever in the series. To me, it is a combination of the cartoon graphics from Wind Waker and the graphics from Twilight Princess. Stunning and very colorful. Lots of nice background things and sceneries and the dungeons are stupendously formatted. The sound/music is downright excellent. A couple themes from past Zelda games are remixed while there is a bunch of new music.

Play Time/Replayability - Considering the play time for this Zelda game, I would say 20 to 30 hours of just the main quest, but once you add all the sidequests the play time will rise to probably a good 30 to 40 hours. Replayability is high and you will certainly come back for another go through in the future of a well crafted Zelda game.

Final Recommendation - Skyward Sword is worth buying. Or if it got for Christmas or for your birthday. It is an awesome game nonetheless. Go out and get this game if you don't have it already, bc you are certainly in for a treat.

Final Score - 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/09/12

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (US, 11/20/11)