Review by Blakshroom

"Best FPS for the Wii by a long shot."

I'm no good at intros, so I'll get right to the point. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition is a port of the original Call of Duty Modern Warfare developed by Infinity Ward and made for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC which was originally released in 2007. The Reflex Edition has been ported by Treyarch and released 11/10/2009. And I'm pleased to say, they did a great job.

I'll start off with controls. Controls: 10/10
The controls in this game are great. They are very responsive, the controls are 100% remappable and there are several sliders to adjust sensitivity. Another cool thing they added in the Wii version, if you tilt the remote sideways while wielding a pistol or small submachine gun(Skorpion or Uzi) the gun turns sideways on the screen. It's a useless feature honestly but it's pretty cool and worth mentioning. It works with all guns, it's just most effective with the mentioned weapons. The Wii Zapper is also compatible.

The gameplay is the same as the other consoles, only with the Wii's controls and reduced graphic capability. Not much to say here.

The graphics in this game are honestly amazing for the Wii. They are admittedly poor compared to other consoles, but for the Wii's lower power they're great, and much, much better than any shooter available on the Wii. The lighting effects are great, the landscapes look good, the only lacking part is the textures which become blocky within a meter or 2 which isn't too bad. The first time I played the game I was pleasantly surprised, this game is really the first FPS to fully use the Wii's power.

Multiplayer: 10/10
This is where the game really shines. 3rd party developers seem to enjoy screwing over single-console owners by stripping the Wii version way down(W@W, anyone?), but in this game, we got everything the other console versions got, with the exception of voice chat and as a result no Eavesdrop perk in create-a-class which allows you to hear the conversations of nearby enemies. We got all the maps, challenges, weapon camouflage and game modes from the game that came out two years ago. They even found a way around Nintendo's refusal to allow DLC(Downloadable Content) and they can do hotfixes for glitches and they can modify weapon statistics if they need to. They also fixed the World at War matchmaking system so it will always find the room with the best connection.

The sound in this game is great. The music is great and fits perfectly in the game, both in single player and multiplayer. Explosions, gunshots and everything else sound great. Much better than World at War, once again.

Overall this game is great, by far the best first person shooter on the Wii. Sound is great, graphics are great(for the Wii), online is great, and everything is still intact from the other console versions from two years ago. Don't even consider any other shooters on the Wii, get this game and you will not be let down. Well done Treyarch, 2 thumbs up.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/16/09

Game Release: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition (US, 11/10/09)