Review by GolfProdigy910

"Call of Duty 4 for the Wii? Sweet!"

Call of Duty 4. Best FPS of all time. Game of the Year. Both of these have been used to describe Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, but the Wii never got the game, until now...

Now, Treyarch has ported IW's masterpiece to the Wii, and they did a fabulous job. So here we go.

GAMEPLAY/ CONTROLS 9/10
---------------
Since the first CoD, people had marveled over the series' seemingly perfect gameplay. Nothing could compare to the dual analog setup (unless you had a high-end PC.) The controls were fluid and all the commands always seemed to be fixed to the perfect button. The Wii takes this even farther. In MWR, the Wii takes full advantage of its motion controls to make aiming and doing just about everything soooooo easy, it's almost silly. Not only that, but the controls are FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE. Any command can be switched to any button. All dead zones, sensitivities, and gestures can be manipulated to your liking. Nothing bad can be said here. The campaign flows right along, and the multiplayer is astonishing. (More on that later.) Simply brilliant.

GRAPHICS 7/10
-----------------
So, you may be saying to yourself, "uh-oh. Wii game. How are the graphics?" Let me stop you here. While they are great for a Wii game, they PALE in comparison to the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC versions. The Wii simply isn't powerful enough for that. The lighting is decent, and the explosions and blood look real enough. Models are smooth, and there are almost no jaggies (OK, so the grass is incredibly pixelated, but c'mon. It's the Wii.) Faces have almost no detail, but why are you staring at your sergeant's face anyway? Expressions are almost non-existent. To put it simply, imagine the PC version on Medium - low resolution. There you have it.

MULTIPLAYER 9/10
--------------------------
Ahh... the meat of the CoD franchise, it's ever addicting multiplayer. Let me start off by saying unlike WaW, the Wii version is only missing 1 game mode, and that is Ground War. Everything is there, all the maps (minus DLC), perks (Minus eavesdrop, but there's no voice chat anyway.), guns, and challenges. The lag in the game is decent. At times, it is barely noticeable, but at others, the game will lag, so lagshoot to compensate. Online was reduced from the other console's 6 v 6 to 5 v 5 (upgraded from WaWii's 4v4), but it's barely noticeable Essentially, it's the other consoles multiplayer, only with Wii controls and Nintendo's servers.

SOUND 7/10
-------------------
Now, with a game like Call of Duty, you aren't going to catch yourself listening to an opening theme anytime soon, but the sound is still good. The guns sound very realistic, and a grenade going off can scare the crud outta you if you start to doze a little bit. (not to say it's boring, I was awake 'till 2 AM playing this, and I was tired XD) People sound scared when they're supposed to, people sound angry when they're supposed to... the game sounds like it should. The only thing I could say about this is that I wish the guns sounded ever so slightly more powerful.

Overall, the game delivers all we were promised. Nothing disappoints , and nothing is going to stop you from playing this awesome game.

RENT. - Only if you are new to FPS on Wii, and only to get your feet wet.
BUY. - If you played MoH, WaWii, TCon, or any Wii FPS and liked it, definitely pick this game up. It blows them out of the water.
PASS. - Only if you do not like the CoD series, FPS, or any type of pointing with the Wii Remote.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/24/09

Game Release: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition (US, 11/10/09)