Review by Comickid15

"My least favorite game of all time."

I absolutely despise this game, but hey, I should be fair and explain why.

Graphics - 9/10
Surprised. For the Wii, these are GREAT, and not too glitchy either.

Servers and Online Play - 10/10
A little bonus I tend to not include in reviews, but I say it needs mentioned. The serves are excellent. Why these servers work PERFECT but Brawl's had to be the worst ever is beyond me. They run smooth and have very little lag.

Story - N/A
Haven't played Campaign. You'll learn why soon enough.

Gameplay - 7/10
Addicting, simple, and fun. In itself the gameplay is good, although stale at this point in the series.

Controls - 0/10
Worst. Controls. EVER. That's my gripe. My Wiimotes don't respond on this game AT ALL. I've used new batteries, rechargeables, adjusted/MOVED the bar on my TV...NOTHING WORKS. That's the killer of this game for me. That's what absolutely ruins it. I worked hard to try and master these controls, and I just couldn't do it. Hypothetically, this could be the best game ever made, and the controls ruin it. I can't stress enough how much I hate that. Allow me to explain more in-depth. The Wiimote constantly goes off-screen, causing me to turn out of control or just plain stop, aiming is nearly impossible, turning is plain impossible...you know what? ANYTHING that involves the motion controls is impossible. EVERYTHING. The rest of the controls (button-wise) are fine. But the motion controls flat-out ruin it for me, to the point where the game was unplayable and has since been sold.

Bonuses:
(+/- from the final average)

+1: Servers. Can't stress enough how great the servers flow compared to Wii standards.

Zeroed-out (-all points): Controls. Can't rate a game high that you can't even play. This game, for that reason alone, deserves a 0/10, but that's not allowed, so 1/10 then. Plus, you HAVE to use the Wiimotes. I tried to swap it with other controllers. Not possible. Call of Duty should stay off the Wii (and Wii U) and never return. PS3/PS4, PC, and Xbox 360/Xbox One do and will treat the game better with controls. I know it seems unfair completely stomping out a game for ONE reason, but why shouldn't I? Nothing else matters if you can't even play the game in the first place.

Don't rent, don't buy, don't even TOUCH the Wii version. You want Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? Try the PS3 or 360 versions, not this unplayable, TERRIBLY controlled Wii version.

Reviewer's Score: 1/10 | Originally Posted: 07/08/13

Game Release: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition (US, 11/10/09)