Review by YoYoLeFtToRiTe

"Goes to show you that some people are just never satisfied."

Sega Genesis was one of my first consoles if not the first I ever owned. I remember weekend after weekend, I would spend a lot of time cruising through each level of the Sonic trilogy over and over again. It was a blast. For years, I have been wanting to return to those old days with a Sonic game that brought the new with the old. And I am happy to say, Sonic 4 delivers everything that the old trilogy did with a few added tweaks. So, for everything you need to know about Sonic 4, this is it. This is the only review you need to read.

Presentation: Very slick. They used the same intro mechanic that they used in each installment of the Sega's classics. While there isn't much to the menu's, it still brings back that good old Sonic feeling. 8/10

Graphics: Not bad at all. The framerate is smooth with maybe a few hicups here and there. Everything looks great and colorful as it once did. 8.5/10

Audio/Sound: Don't get me wrong, the music is old school. You'll hear a lot of familiar beats from the original trilogy, however they are just not as memorable. All the sound effects you know and love are present here as well. From Sonic powering up in his speed ball, to getting an extra life. 8/10

Gameplay: Where it all counts, it all is. I've been hearing a lot that this game is very short and that they're not enough levels. But if I am correct, this game has more levels then Sonic 3 and it's only Episode 1 of who knows how many. It basically plays like the original trilogy just once again with a few tweaks. An example would be the lock on feature. When in the speed ball, you can now lock onto enemies, destroy them, and keep doing that until the ones in site are gone. One thing I must point out is that most of the levels are re-vamps of previous levels; and take it from me, that's a good thing. 9/10

Replayability: Like I said before, the game isn't that long. But it is well worth it. I have beaten this game already and have still gone back to it twice. 7/10

Conclusion: Do not listen to what some of the media have to say about this game not living up to the hype (and I am not just talking about reviewing sites such as IGN, Gamespot, GameInformer, etc.) This game is everything the hardcore, old school fans wanted. Some people just are never satisfied with what is given to them even if it was what they wanted. I hope you enjoy this game as much as I did. It's worth dishing out 15 bucks and it's only 1 of the many episodes to come. Play hard my fellow gamers!

Final score 9/10.