Review by zorororonoa1

"You will enjoy this game, retro fan or not."

This game was everything it was hyped up to be in my opinion.

You get a total of four different worlds with 3 acts each, then a 4th act for a boss, these bosses will look familiar to those that played the originals. the levels can be completed pretty quickly, others take longer due to some gimmicks that are present in the stages, which are pretty fun and unique for a Sonic game. The game takes place after the original trilogy, Tails and Knuckles are nowhere to be seen here, which disappointed me a bit, but here is hoping they appear in future episodes. There isn't much more I can say about this game, other than some gameplay physics being pretty weird, like Sonic defying gravity for instance when standing still going up a hill, but it's nothing gamebreaking, you won't find that stuff unless you're looking for it since Sonic goes pretty fast.

The graphics, while shiny, fit with the atmosphere, and the visual designs pretty well. the animations and environments add to this games excitement, the water level actually looks pretty cool, you're in for a surprise, lots of nostalgia will be sure to hit you with some of the levels presented in this game.

The special zones are like the ones presented in Sonic 1, except here you need to rotate the camera with the d-pad on the wii-mote, it's simpler than it sounds, it takes some getting used to, but you should be able to adapt quickly to it. The zones themselves are not that hard, with the exception of a few, like the final zone, but that's to be expected. Super Sonic can finally be used anytime you want in any act, it's about time as well, one thing I disliked for the 3d games is that they scrapped that completely and just saved it for the final bosses. You can replay zones anytime after you completed them in the level select screen.

Final Verdict: I suggest you buy this game, it's like the Rush series, but better in my opinion, they need to work in making levels more diverse and add a bunch of different gimmicks instead of one or two repeating itself for the entire act, but they get an A for effort, and I'm glad Sega delayed this game and took note of the criticism, that helped make this game much better. Get it if you're a Sonic fan, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/14/10