Question from nmaster64

Fastest way to get screws / best place to farm screws?

Where/what is the best way to farm screws, or what is the quickest way in the game to build up your screws?

PrometheusRobo answered:

Sheep Man stage is the way to go as far as I can tell. 5 Big Screws, 9 little screws, an extra life, and a W-tank per visit... I found that Triple Blade makes running through this stage a breeze while rebound Striker works well against the Mini boss. After each stage completion, you have a 1up (worth 20), a Weapon tank (worth 30), then with the added up screws, you gain 118 screws minimum if you collect them all.

Screws Acquired: 118 per visit
1up's Acquired: 1 per visit
Weapon tanks: 1 per visit
Total value of all estimated: 168
7 0

Answers

Nostalja answered:

I personally go to Commando Man's stage, in the second sand pit area, some of those mines are actually hiding stashes of screws instead of enemies. I seem to remember a nice number of big screws hanging out in Sheep Man's stage too.
1 1

Mega_Starky answered:

Keep in mind this is for hard mode - I've only played normal mode the once to unlock hard. Sheep Man has 40 easy-access screws with conveniently placed spikes. Not as convenient as Plug Man from MM9, but workable. Chill Man has a whopping 86 easy-access screws, but it takes a little longer to get them. There are spikes right by the last of the 86, but it restarts you at the beginning of the level where you'll have to run into things to game over and respawn the screws. I use Chill Man just because it's less tedium, doing it half the number of times, even on the off-chance Sheep Man would be faster.
1 0