Question from IrishLink

Why can I not play the game?

I bought the game about 3 days ago, and it worked fine. But when I tried to play it the next morning, the disc wouldn't read. I decided to return the game and get a new copy, but the same thing happened. I got a full refund, but I decided to buy it in another shop. But the game wouldn't read again! I read that other games had the same problem, but they always worked fine for me. Can someone please help?

IrishLink provided additional details:

I did play it the night i bought it, but it wouldnt work the morning after

SSBB didn't work the first time, but wipe it with my shirt and it worked fine.

I have the wii in my own room, so scrap no. 3

I have been looking for a lens cleaner, so ill get back to you on that

so far my best guess is that mw3 is wrecking the lens, as my wii wont read any discs now. i was playing the game and it just stopped working, and i have heard that black ops did the same thing. so my two choices are get a lens cleaner or get a new lens

Answers

Externica answered:

Did you change your Wii's settings?
TLS can only be played in 60 Hertz.
If you play in 50 Hertz, an error message occurs telling you to change it.

It's also a Dual Layer DVD, as I have heard. So, do you own Xenoblade or Smash Bros. Brawl by any chance? Try to play them, if your Wii doesn't read them, your disc reader lens is obviously broken.
And with "broken" I mean "it's dirty". Sorry if I shocked you for a moment. ^^"
Buy a lens cleaner kit. It can make your Wii read Dual Layers again. But if it is too dirty, you have to send your Wii to Nintendo so they can fix it.

And for the future, is the Wii in a room where you or someone else smokes? Cigarette smoke is deadly for the lens reader, at least it will make it not read dual layer games anymore. So, don't smoke in the same room, where your Wii is, if you can avoid it.
Other problems are dust, so put your Wii somewhere, where it has more space.

You can buy the lens cleaner kit on amazon. I've never seen it in stores, though. Maybe there are, but I'm not sure. They are not too expensive.
1 0

ADM6984 answered:

It is possible that your Wii is able to read older dual layer discs like SSBB, but still have difficulty with the newer ones. I had the same problem with Xenoblade where 30-50% of the time I tried to load it, the disc wouldn't be read.

If this is the case, Nintendo might repair it for free if you call them. I even got expedited shipping on my repair.
0 0

Aiden-OJ answered:

Try cleaning the lens.
0 0

New game plus??? Answered telosking333
Are there any missables in this game? Answered DragonEleven
Is the game restricted? Unanswered waddleD
How many chapters are in this game? Answered Malicious_Banjo
When Will This Game Be Coming Out In America? Answered killer_nashua