Question from evildeadman77

Instrument compatibility question & confusion?

I would like to purchase GH: Warriors of Rock & GH 5 for the Wii but I have Rock Band 2 instruments and do not want to buy a whole new set of instruments. Can I play these 2 games w/ RB 2 Wii instruments? I keep getting mixed results for answers on this online and would like a definite answer before I spend money on them. I really appreciate the help. Thanks.

evildeadman77 provided additional details:

It does help actually, I bought GH 5 & WOR and the only real issue I'm having is that I missing notes and failing on tougher songs with both the guitar and drums(especially drums), not sure if it has to do w// the fact I'm using RB 2 instruments, needs calibration adjustment, or that GH is harder than RB? A clerk at Game stop told me that even my LCD TV could be a factor or the distance from the sensors that you are playing from. Try to move closer, which didn't really resolve missing the notes and I know I'm hitting them correctly. What about the batteries in the instruments? I have had RB 2 since summer 2008 I believe and have never changed the batteries in the instruments so I wonder if they are low and that's playing a factor?

I'm confused about the games you mentioned that are not compatible w/ RB 2 instruments: GH: Metallica, Van Halen, & Smash Hits. According to RB's website, Harmonix themselves that those games are believed to work w/ RB 2 instruments. I guess I could buy one of them and see what happens, I just have had no luck w/ returning games for a full refund from stores as of late, namely Game Stop so I need to be 100% sure. I keep reading and hearing mixed results for an answer.

Answers

Retrostarman87 answered:

For Wii, from everything GH5 and up, works with RB instruments. So that means Guitar Hreo 5, Band Hero, and Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. I personally tested GHWoR myself with Rock Band instruments and they all work fine. GH5 works with them as well from what my friends tell me, as well as Band Hero, so they do work.

To be specific, the GH games for Wii that do not work with RB instruments are: Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Guitar Hero Metallica, Guitar Hero Smsh Hits, and Guitar Hero Van Halen (I am unsure about GHVH, but it uses the World Tour engine which means it might not).

I hope this helps.
0 0