Review by AlexFili

"Modern Warfare Reflex's successor comes into full force and sweeps you off your feet."

While I enjoyed Modern Warfare Reflex, I was looking forward to what was going to be in the next major Call of Duty game. While Modern Warfare 2 didn't come to the Wii (as of 2010), Black Ops seemed to be including some of the features of that game along with some World At War weapons. In my opinion this game lives up to all the hype.

Call of Duty Black Ops is the most engaging and rewarding First Person Shooter I have played in a very long time. Everything about the older games has been improved and tweaked to make this experience memorable. When I play it, I conjure up old memories of Counter Strike 1.6 and other memorable shooting games. It really does stand on it's own as a marvel of technology.

The story now takes place in the Cold War and with it are different weapons and factions. Story mode is engaging and exciting throughout and returning fans of the Call of Duty series won't be disappointed. The game maps look fantastic in this game, from jungle ruins to snowy tundra. The player models look realistic and the HUDs and icons look better than ever.

Grenades have been toned down slightly since Modern Warfare, Martyrdom is absent along with the multi frag perks. Explosives are still lethal however and can be a good way at getting kills. There are new grenades and other thrown weapons which have secondary functions such as a decoy mine and a motion tracking device. There are a lot of weapons to buy and customize. The number of game modes is staggering. You really could be playing this for an exceptionally long time.

When you create a character, Perk One will affect the appearance of the character. You can also equip camoflague to guns and eventually unlock the gold camoflague for weapons. You can unlock more custom slots by entering into prestige mode. For the hardcore Call of Duty players, there are 15 prestige ranks (up to level 50 for each rank). The killstreaks are varied and there is a lot of choice for anyone who chooses to use them. Some of the vehicle perks in the Wii version are cut but overall the perks remain just as cool as they ever were.

Zombie mode is on the Wii for the first time. The controls and graphics are perfect and definitely do the other versions justice. 4 player online co-op is possible and with voice chat it's a dream come true. There is currently one map with more on the way via DLC.

The contracts make this game exciting, since you are being challenged to do a certain thing within a time limit. Players are bound to find many challenges which they can complete. There is a Wager Mode where you can bet a number of COD points and then play against others to win more cash. It's a very engaging mode and something to check out.

Overall this game is a must-have and a perfect FPS. You're bound to find something you enjoy about this game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/15/10

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (EU, 11/09/10)