Review by samusfan43

"One of the Best FPSs for the Wii"

I've always been a fan of FPSs. My favorite is the Metorid series. But this game comes in second on my favorites. It will change your perspective on how FPSs should be. There are some improvements that could have been made, such as random explosions that come out of nowhere and kill you, but overall, Activision and Treyarch really outdid themselves with this game. It would take a lot more effort for Activison and Treyarch to pass Black Ops on a scale of awesomeness.

User Interface/Gameplay- 95%
The UI for the game is very intelligent, but some of its minor flaws can hurt you. Gameplay is quite interesting, however. You can wield two guns at once and create life-like explosions, which keeps this score in the 95th percentile.

Plotline- 95%
The plotline is outstanding, you travel to Cuba, Russia, and 'Nam, as they call it. You get to fly a rocket, you get to blow up a rocket, and you play some parts of the story like you're actually there, such as giving a command to break windows, or calling in Air Support. They also tried to make the game as close to actual warfare in terms of weapons. My favorite is a shotgun called Dragon's Breath. Dragons Breath fires not only BBs, but a fireball and has a longer range than other shotguns. Some holes in the plotline can make the game confusing, however.

Graphics- 99%
The graphics for the Wii version of the game are relatively related to it's "HD brethren." Some parts of the game are jagged,. but you really don't care when you're battling the Russians or the Vietnamese. It makes you feel you're actually playing the game. What brings the score down a percentile is every now and then, I spot random dead guys floating in midair Jesus-crucifix style or random guns floating in the air. This happens rarely, but it does remind you that you're just playing a game.

Difficulty- 90%
The game is quite challenging, and players are always looking for a challenge. The game could be a little nicer, though, like the random explosions I talked about earlier or during the Numbers mission when you have to keep jumping from balcony to balcony, which could be modified. Zombies also proves to be quite difficult, like by round 6, twenty Zombie dogs come to attack you.

Overall- 9.5/10
Every game has a few flaws that need to be changed. This game has little flaws, but bug fixes here and there could boost the non-10 scores through the roof. I recommend this game for those who want a challenge or those who love FPSs like myself.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/11

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (US, 11/09/10)