Review by SonicGamer74

"Not Looking Back, Not Giving Up, Not Letting Go. I'll Keep On Running!!!!!"

This is a review for the Wii video game, Sonic Colors. This is the Wii version. Not the DS version. There's a difference between the two so please remember that this review is for the Wii version.

Introduction:
Sonic Colors is a video game that was announced for release in summer 2010, & released in November 2010. The game's Wii version was said to be similar to other Wii video game, Sonic Unleashed. While the DS version would be similar to the Sonic Rush saga. Not much more to say really.

Story (8/10, Awesome)
Alright, usually on previous reviews I do, I rant on the storyline's of some of the games I did, but Sonic Colors kinda makes sense compared to Sonic The Hedgehog 4. In this game, Eggman has promised to give up his evil ways (yeah, right) and create an amusement park for the entire world that would be in space. Sonic & Tails decide to go check it out, just to make sure the evil Dr. isn't planning on destroying the world again to create his world, The Eggman Empire. Not really all that in the action department, but at least it's got better story than Sonic The Hedgehog 4.

Gameplay (10/10, Amazing)
As it says in the scoreboard, this is a pretty solid game with tons of gameplay techniques. The game is similar to Sonic Unleashed's day stages. Your running like you would in Sonic Adventure, while later, you'll be running around Genesis Sonic style! It brings a lot of gameplay value to both old school & newer Sonic fans at the same time.

Graphics (9/10, Outstanding)
I gotta say, next to Sonic & The Secret Rings, this game has really good graphics! Heck, they even beat the God-Awesome graphics in Super Smash Bros. Brawl! The graphics really shine in the cutscenes as they have lots of good graphics. Not much more to say, really.

Sound (7/10, Great)
Not the original noises, but they are pretty impressive. The music especially, as some of the tunes could be stuck in your head a while. The voices are actually good! I thought SEGA would have had bad voice actors since they were changing them, but these new ones are epic!

Play Time (8/10, Awesome)
The play time for this game is good, but the story is kinda short. Other than that, this game has many more features, but I'm not going to spoil them for you.

Replayability (9/10, Outstanding)
All I have to say is that this game is full of replayability, even beating the other Sonic title, Sonic Unleashed. After you beat the game, you can collect all of the Red Rings to unlock some extra features that are so secret, I can't tell you cause that would ruin the review, wouldn't it?

Final Recommendation:
Buy It! No other questions. You'll have way more fun if you buy it then renting it. Trust me.

Final Score:10/10, Amazing!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/18/11

Game Release: Sonic Colors (US, 11/16/10)