Review by Smithers2286

"Goldeneye is back for a new generation, and it doesn't dissapoint."

If you had the same reaction as I did when I first heard the announcement of a reimagining of the N64 favorite Goldeneye then you most likely felt excitement with a side of fear. I found myself looking forward to reliving all of those memories I had back during the 64 days with Goldeneye. Late nights with friends with non-stop multiplayer action. Now the reboot has launched on the Wii, but is it what it should be? I can confidently say now, and the answer is most definitely yes.

Goldeneye on Wii as we know is not a remake of the original, but instead a reimagining for a new generation. I think Activision chose this route due to the impossibility of completely capturing the feel of the classic. Here's the great news however, Goldeneye Wii has enough resemblance to bring back the nostalgia of the classic but enhances the gameplay enough to bring you in to the modern day FPS.

Story: 90%
The story at it's core is basically the same, but with the exchange of Pierce Brosnan for Daniel Craig things needed to change to fit the new style of our current Bond. Activision brought in the original screenplay writer to make the adjustments for the new game and it's brought to life fantastically!

Gameplay: 95%
There is no reason for anyone to have complaints about the gameplay in Goldeneye Wii. Activision has done a great job adding in melee, cover, and anything else you might expect with a modern day shooter. On top of that they've included every control option imagineable to suit every gamers need.

Graphics: 95%
This game is gorgeous on Wii. I would say it's in the top 5 best looking Wii games to date. Activision did a nice job polishing this game up, and it helps enthrall the gamer in to the universe.

Sound: 100%
With the changing of the guard from Brosnan to Craig comes a new voice. Excellent voice work from the actors of Alec, Bond, and MI6. The music isn't as ear popping as the original, but does an excellent job to set the stage. Sound effects are also executed very well through the single player experience, and is implemented well in the multiplayer gaming as well.

Replayability: 100%
Not only has Activision included 4-player split screen multiplayer for nostalgia, but they've added in 8-player online matches to boot. If you finish the single player campaign the multiplayer will keep you busy for the next 6 months.

Overall Value: 100%
This game needs to be a part of any gamers library. If you haven't picked this game up yet then go get it. If you have it already then let the joy begin! This games does a great job seperating itself from the classic, but shows that it's a love child of the original.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/05/10

Game Release: GoldenEye 007 (w/Controller) (US, 11/02/10)