Review by Aayla123

"Online Multiplayer: Genius or Deadly"

GoldenEye 007 Wii is the remake of the popular game for the N64, GoldenEye 007. The Multiplayer was the originals hit, but what about the new one?

Genius:
The new Multiplayer is a well designed system. It has over 8 maps for you to play on, but you don't just get to pick. They have implemented a voting system where people vote on the map they want to play. I think this is great, because this way the game host wont get to control the maps and use the same ones each time. All of the maps have a vantage point somewhere, which is great for newer players. For example, in the Docks map their is a building with two giant doors. If you go in and climb one of the two ladders you will be on a large platform. If you head towards the back of the building and sit their, you can shoot everyone who walks in the door, spawns there, or tries to climb a ladder. This is a great way for newer players to gain experience and level up quicker. The weapon selection is good too. You are able to pick all weapons up off the ground. This makes it easier for new players to gain access to more powerful weapons without leveling up.

Deadly:
Their are a few bad qualities as well. The leveling up system for one. Once the game has been out for a year or so, alot of people will have gotten into the higher levels. This is bad for the newer players, because they will only have the basic weapons and everyone else will have the Kunara V Machine Pistol and the SEGGS 550 at their disposal. This big opposition might scare away new players. As well on the maps available their are a few setbacks. Like I mentioned above, their are certain areas where a person can dominate the battlefield. Above I mentioned one such area in the Docks map. If a more experienced player utilizes those vantage points against the newer players, they wont have any chance to level up. This again could also scare away new players. The other problems are the waiting times for some of the more unpopular modes. I, myself, have tried a bunch of times to play Black Box mode. But unfortuneatly their have never been enough players. They should have accounted for the modes that no one would play. Really Conflict, Team Conflict, and Golden Gun are the only modes with enough people to play on. I believe the developers should have put bots in the system. This would have been an easier temporary solution. The player could fight against bots until real people joined in. Then the bots would dissappear and be replaced with an actual person. Perhaps in the future we will see yet another remake that fixes all of this.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 12/06/10

Game Release: GoldenEye 007 (US, 11/02/10)