Review by EricZ921

"Overall solid game, with a small amount of problems"

GAMEPLAY - 7/10

Remember in the original goldeneye how you could do missions in numerous ways? Well, now there's only two ways. Stealthy or not stealthy. You can either run in and shoot everyone you see, get from point A to point B, or you can be stealthy and go from point A to point B. That being said, OVERALL it IS fun, just not as fun as the original. It has lots of great cinematic moments (some based off the music) and some pretty fun action. Also, I should add..the last mission is one of the hardest missions I've played in my life but it is very rewarding. Another small problem with it is that I feel like I'm on a leash while I play the game. It tells you EXACTLY where to go with no actual thinking involved. Most people won't mind this, as almost all new FPS games do this, but I personally miss when it gave you the objectives, sent you out, and YOU figured everything out yourself.

GRAPHICS - 8/10

This game honestly pushes the wii to it's limits. The game is always looking beautiful and sometimes close to PS3 or 360 graphics. The reason I only give it an 8 is because it almost pushes the wii too far. At some points, there are some bad framerate drops that can really get in the way, also it has a weird blur effect sometimes thats hard to explain unless you've played the game. But overall, the graphics are beautiful.

MUSIC/VOICE ACTING: 7/10

Great music, normal James Bond music. Not much to say about that. Voice acting is another story. I don't know what Daniel Craigs problem is, but he has the most monotone voice I've heard in my life, and it's almost funny at times. Other than that, the voice acting is fine for the most part.

CONTROLS: 9/10

Considering the large amount of options you have, as well as customizable controls, this deserves a perfect score. The only reason it doesn't have a 10 is because of the lack of lean unless you use the wiimote and nunchuck. Using the classic control, it feels as natural as Mario on NES.

MULTIPLAYER: 8/10

Ever played COD? Of course you have. Well it's basically the same idea, only some things are actually FIXED. I definitely prefer this over the new cod games.

Final Thoughts:
Overall great game that is lots of fun, as long as you aren't looking for an exact remake of the original. Certainly worth the money in my opinion.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/11

Game Release: GoldenEye 007 (US, 11/02/10)