Review by YoYoLeFtToRiTe

"The dymaic duo make an epic, long time return to the Nintendo Wii."

I reminisce of nostalgia quite a bit. From the original Super Mario Bros. debuting on the original NES, to Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii. When I was about 8 or 9 years of age, I picked up Donkey Kong Country for the Super NES. I had a blast. That game would have lived on and touched my heart the way Mario and Zelda have over the years. It was about that time that I started craving more and more excitement out of video games. I am now a young adult, and have been anticipating the return of this great series for a very, very long time. Keep in mind, although I wasn't a fan of the Metroid Prime series, these are the developers who brought us what was arguably some of the best Metroid experiences to date aside from Metroid: Other M. It's no surprise of how well this game really turned out in conclusion. So get the drums rolling. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Presentation: From the beginning introduction of the game, you will feel the electric flow of nostalgia run through your body. The menu systems are very basic, but hold up fairly well. 8.5/10

Graphics: Beautiful colored worlds that are complimented by smooth and fluid animations by all characters. The game is very colorful. It's quite obvious that a lot of effort was put into this. 9/10

Sound Quality: Remix's of old school classics never sounded so great. 9/10

Gameplay: Here is the beauty of it all. It's obvious that Nintendo was aiming this game for both newcomers and diehard fans alike. Most of us who grew up playing the original trilogy have indeed come to expect a little more challenge out of our games. You will find it here. The game is full of challenge. If beating the levels isn't hard enough; try those time trials! Also, be sure to collect all the hidden puzzle pieces in each level. And good luck... For newcomers, if you are having trouble beating a certain level then you are in luck. Although I personally choose not to do it, there is a Super Kong that can help you out if you so choose. He will unlock secrets, you will not get to keep them but you will finally be able to move on. Also, the game may start off a little slow. Keep playing. It gets.... awesome. 9.5/10

Replayability: You will spend a lot of time on this game if you are indeed looking to beat it 100%. And as I said before, good luck doing just that. This game will not be beaten in one sitting. It may take you many days or even weeks to accomplish. I highly recommend you do so. The developers owe it to us after all these years of waiting, and anticipating to have plenty of fun and plenty of time with this game. Just like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, this game will live on to be played for years and years for future nostalgia, as well as past. 10/10

Conclusion: I don't want you to not take this review seriously because I mention a lot about nostalgia taking it's toll here. No, listen to me when I tell you that this game is the real deal. From newcomers and diehards alike, there is something in it for everybody. This game should not be missed by any Wii owner. If you're the least bit intrigued, just do yourself a favor and pick it up. Be sure to take your time with it. It's one of the best games you'll play this year... and one of the most challenging.

My score: 9.5/10 Brilliant.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/22/10

Game Release: Donkey Kong Country Returns (US, 11/21/10)