Review by AznGame

"This game is definetely Raw!!!"

I picked up this game the first day it came out. I was so excited when I finally popped it into my XBOX. My first experience was breathtaking. I am finally reviewing it because I had been too disappointed with its final turnout, so I had much more time to go in depth with it.

Gameplay: This isn't as bad as many other people say it is. I love the AI, although it could be notched so that weak wrestlers actually stay on the ground for a while when they are knocked down. Your opponent is strong and easily reverses your grapples in the beginning, but as you progress with great success, he or she starts to diminish in strength. There aren't enough modes in this game. Only a quick belt challenge, multiple exhibition modes, (1 on 1, 2 on 2, 2 on 1, etc...), and a King of The Ring, which is okay.

Graphics: This is one of the strongest points of the game. The only bad thing is that the crowd isn't exactly drawn well, but they animate nicely. The smooth action of the fight is excellent, just like watching it on TV. The entrances closely identify with what is presented on Raw or SmackDown. The skin on many wrestlers such as Rikishi, Undertaker, The Rock, Haku, and Justin Credible all look very realistic.

Sound: This should have been able to assess the soundtrack feature. It would have been excellent if you would have been able to use songs from your soundtrack for your created wrestler. Also, the in-game music isn't bad, but it's just weird and different from what you hear in the regular THQ wrestling games. The effects from the chair whacks, the punches, kicks, yells, etc. all sound like they are from the real, live event.

Replay Value: If you are good at this game, you sort of look forward to a more challenging difficulty, so it keeps you going for more for a while. If you aren't as good, you start to quit and think to yourself, ''what a horrible game''. But then you pick it up later and realize that it isn't so bad, and that it is a lot more fun in multiplayer.

You should definetely rent this game before you decide you want to buy it or not. I didn't rent this game, but I did think I made a good choice off my 50 bucks. This game is sort of disappointing, but it presents good graphics, a better fighiting system, and some other stuff that I can't think of; I guaran-DAMN-tee it!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/26/02, Updated 06/26/02