Review by redmaggot84

"An turn in a different direction"

I'm beginning to see that the XBOX is starting to show it has potential. When different genres appear, they usually flop, but not with GunValkyrie. This game actually peaked my interest when it was announced as a Dreamcast title way back. Then when the Dreamcast failed, I wondered where would the game go now. Few years later, its back on track to be on the XBOX. Flash forward to March, this game has proved to live up to my expectations as far as gameplay, control, and the look of it. GunValkyrie shows that the XBOX is here to stay.

GRAPHICS - 9/10
The graphics for this game are incredible. Its awesome to see games use the full potential of a new system. Animations are fluid and the level textures are great. This shows how committed Smilebit was at making an XBOX game and and using the full potential of this system.

CONTROL - 10/10
I've noticed that some people were complaining about the control. All I have to say is that this game controls great. Boosting around is relatively easy and soon becomes second nature to you (As it should for the later levels). Unlike some of the people, I found the controls easy and innovative enough to make this well-rounded game stand out above the rest.

GAMEPLAY - 9/10
The way this game looks and feels shows how SEGA is committed to bringing great games out for a great system. Smilebit has now shown it to be a powerful team, what with JSRF and GunValkyrie under their belts. This game gets better and better everytime I play it. Enemies are smart enough to come after you by trying to find ways to get to you. The A.I. in this game has proven that its worth the challenge. The weapons upgrade also show that this game has the depth required to look and feel like a challenging game.

OVERALL - 9/10
All the above qualities show that this game is a must own for the XBOX. The amount of detail, great controls, and smart gameplay show that GunValkyrie is a contender. This game holds its own as it shows through out this magnificent game. The game may require patience, but its well worth it one you've cracked its outer shell.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/30/02, Updated 04/07/02