Review by MagicalChimpanZ

"Utterly lame."

Mad Dash Racing is a kid-aimed footracer that tries to combine the best of kart racing and platforming, but unfortunately falls flat on its face in almost every respect.

GRAPHICS: 8/10
These graphics are quite nice, especially for an Xbox launch game. The character models are detailed and not-blocky (curved, if you will), and the textures are smooth and crisp. The game moves at a steady 60 fps (I think) and there's never any lag in the framerate. Overall, this is the best part of the game.

SOUND: 6/10
The sound is the usual annoying ''wise-cracking'' voices of any kart racer or mascot platformer. Nice sound quality, but irritating snippets. The music licensed from big-shot techno artists like Fatboy Slim and The Crystal Method, but it is not very fitting for this type of game. It would feel more at home in a WipEout.

DESIGN: 1/10
I usually don't comment about the design in my reviews, but the design in this game is so utterly horrible I just have to bring attention to it. The characters are supposed to be ''wacky'' and ''zany'' and even cool, but they are incredibly lame and stupid. ''This guy is cah-RAY-zee! Watch out for him!'' It's these clichés that make me abhor this part of the game. The characters throw out an occasional ''sucks,'' just to make the kids who play this think they're cool for hearing such adult material. This is the worst part of the game, and it's what makes it almost unplayable.

GAMEPLAY: 5/10
This game tries very hard to mix platforming with racing, but as I said before, both of these parts fall flat. The platforming and racing can be fun at times, but ''climbing up walls'' and ''swimming'' consists of just rotating the right analog stick while you control your character. This, like the abysmal character design, gets on your nerves after the hundredth time of repeating it. Also, most of the platforming elements detract from the racing part of the game by making it feel to clunky and less like racing. The racing also detracts from the platforming by making you feel too rushed, and causing you to mess up at a crucial part. Also, there are three types of characters, each excelling in a different area. This makes the game unbalanced, because some of the levels throw more platforming at you, and others have more actual racing.
It seems the game can't decide what it wants to be, and the platforming parts will piss of racing fans, and vice versa.

RENT OR BUY: Just stay away.

FINAL SCORE: 4/10